Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie, Is this normal?  (Read 3904 times)

Abz

Newbie, Is this normal?
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:42:58 PM »

Hello,  :)
I'm new to this forum, thanks for letting me join.
I have quite a few symptoms and my Dr mentioned endometrial cancer, I have to go back Friday to discuss tests. My symptoms are very heavy bleeding and bleeding between periods. I also had a pain on my right side before the bleeding started.

I do frequently have viginal bleeding after bowel movements too. I have had watery discharge for about 9 or 10 months but only the day before my period and thought it was because I am perimenopausal although it has been quite a lot of discharge and is new to me.
I also have lower back ache, bloating, feeling very full after eating, nausea and some pain and I do have 2 large fibroids the size of a large orange and a plum. I have had Transvaginal ultrasound which showed my uterus was bulky and heterogenous and the endometrium measured 11mm what ever that means!

I would really appreciate any advice or letting me know if you have had similar symptoms. I am especially puzzled by the discharge being really bad for just one day before my period I found out that bleeding after some bowel movements can be due to cervical Polyps but they were not picked up on the scan.

Any advice would be much appreciated, are these symptoms normal for the Menopause?

Thanks
Abz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie, Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »

:welcomemm: :hug:

what else did your GP mention?  Were you alone at the appt. or did she ask for a Nurse to be present to share the conversation?  What has been suggested about the fibroids?

However: you symptoms can also be related to peri-menopause.  Any un-foreseen bleeding must be investigated.  Your lower back pain, bloating after eating can be due to irritable bowel syndrome. 

I had a cervical polyp which bled on contact.  Went away at peri.  ::) …… are you constipated?  The discharge you describe may well be peri-related.

Your GP is getting the most important investigation out of the way first.  Once that is sorted you and she can move onto menopause!

Have a read of the menus left of screen!

Abz

Re: Newbie, Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:33:10 PM »

Hi
Thanks for your reply  :)
I went about a couple of things and all she said was that they have to investigate abnormal bleeding as it can be a sign of endometrial cancer, she asked my age etc. and said she wanted to have a proper look at my notes and discuss with another Dr.
My husband was with me.
Hysterectomy has been discussed and I am waiting to try a Marina coil first. I have other health problems so would rather not have a hysterectomy if I can help it.
I do suffer from IBS, had it for years so hopefully it is that, but never caused back pain which is the same pain I get with my period. Not constipated, the bleeding is usually after my period has finished and going to the the toilet sets it off again, every single time for about 4 days, so period lasts about 10-12 days then few extra days when I bleed a lot after a bowel movement then it will settle down. But lately its been after a few days of no bleeding, don't know if this makes sense. The intermenstrual bleeding has also been so heavy I needed to take a Tranexamic acid.
I will have a read the info, thank you so much for answering me x