Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg. How long to see a benefit.  (Read 24646 times)

Purpletabbycat

Elleste Duet 1mg. How long to see a benefit.
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:00:13 AM »

Hello everyone,
I've been back to the GP and I now have Elleste Duet 1mg. Instead of Clonidine.
I'm just wondering, on average, how long I will have to wait to see an improvement in night sweats and hot flushes? It's day three today, so I know it's early days yet. I would just like a decent nights sleep soon.

I've already noticed a difference in my mood, which is much better, although I am aware that this could be psychological due to finally getting HRT.

Thank you
Tabbycat xx

Purpletabbycat

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg. How long to see a benefit.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »

Ah, great. Thank you very much for your reply Stellajane xx

renee

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

Hi,

I increased Elleste duet 2mg just 8 days ago and within 6 days felt the benefits.

Hope you get a good nights sleep soon xx

Purpletabbycat

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »

Thanks Renee,
Did you not get any relief from the 1mg dosage?

X

renee

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »

I did for about 2 months but then a lot of the meno symptoms returned so it was increased.

But now Im on 2 mg, Im starting to experience a few symptoms again while on the white tabs, which I think are the progesterone in the 2mg tabs.

Can't win.....lol.

How's you getting on with the 1 mg? Xx

nissa11

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

Not long I'm sure! I felt much better within three months, although my problems were more about tiredness, brain fog and depression than the flushes. I think it also stabalised my weight and helped me to exercise which really works too. I also took a Vit B Complex.
Make sure you go back to the docs once you think you're through to the other side.
Good luck.  :)

gladys

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »

I been on elleste duet  1mg for a month started to feel better but just finished first round of green and feel yuck today not sure if its me or tablets is it to soon to go bk to doctors ?please anyone

renee

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »

Hi Gladys,

I was also on Elleste Duet 2mg and the same happened to me when I went into the white tabs!

I had been on 1mg for 2 months but wasn't getting much benefit so it was increased to 2 mg....felt great within about 5 days, maybe a bit of bloating and tiredness so Doc advised to put it up to 2 mg which I did.

Iv now been changed back to Climagest which I had been on for previously for 18 months and felt great but had to come off due to break through bleeding. Found out I had fibroids and a thickening of the womb so I'm happy to go back on Climagest.

Someone on this forum suggested that it could be the form of Progesterone that are in the white tabs, it's different from the same ones on Climagest...if that makes sense xxx

gladys

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »

Can I take vitamin b complex with elleste duet 1mg ?

renee

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »

I would think it would be ok as it's just a vitamin complex. I also take iron and starflower oil, so it should be ok xx

renee

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 07:52:09 PM »

Weird that is it Stellajane....definetly feel better on a Climagest.

Trust me to be different!!!! Lol x

Purpletabbycat

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 08:23:07 AM »

Well, I was feeling better on the Elleste Duet 1mg, but one and a half months in and I'm getting really bad night sweats again. No flushes in the day, just sweats at night that are waking me up and making me feel quite ill.

Do I stick this out for the next month and a half? My GP wants to see me after I've been on the HRT for 3 months.

peegeetip

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »

Hi PurpleTabbyCat

Sorry didn't see this post before I wrote the following. So many posts these days ???

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,25271.0.html

Main point was "The Elleste Duet 1mg + Elleste Solo 1mg is the same as Elleste Duet 2mg over the month but just allows us to spread out the Estrogen a bit."
There was an article on people going "private" that gave me this idea - however I'm sure there must be other on the forum are already trying this?

Ahead of any adjustment with your doc.
You could also try delaying when you take your Elleste tablet - it might offset the time when estrogen is running out for you. If you took your tablet 12hrs later than normal then if your running out of estrogen then you'd see the sweats move to the day - and your nighttime would improve. That would give you part of the answer.

CLIMAGEST 1mg is another option to look at since the Elleste is working for you most of the day before you increase to medium option.
It uses Estradiol valerate - which takes longer to absorb into the body than Estradiol ; a quote I found "compared to estradiol itself, estradiol valerate is absorbed more slowly and possesses a longer duration"
The CLIMAGEST has the same Norethisterone as Elleste so no new side effects there.

The CLIMAGEST 1mg might give your body a chance to use estrogen more slowly over the course of the day. Doing this first might save you having to go to a higher medium dose too soon.

Hope this helps give you a few options to try  ::)

:-*

Purpletabbycat

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »

Thank you Peegeetip, that's very interesting.

I shall certainly try out other options before increasing to the higher dose.