Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Which Chillow to buy??  (Read 4412 times)

Dalhousie

Which Chillow to buy??
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »

I'm going to buy a Chillow which I've seen mentioned on here but on Amazon there are various different types and wondering which was is best to buy.  Do they stay cool for long?  I'm disabled and unable to work so don't want to waste my money.  Any feedback would be grateful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=chillow

Thanks.

Joyce

Re: Which Chillow to buy??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »

I bought the soothsoft ones. Large one & small one. Recommend!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »

I've got the one you're looking at on amazon - I put it down by my feet so when I wake in the night feeling really hot I can just put my feet and ankles on it and it cools me down quite quickly. Don't think I would want it under my head!!!
I think they are meant to stay cool all the time - I've had mine a few weeks and found it quite good. The instructions were quite good too - you may be able to get info about them on their own website. There are mini ones which could be good to just apply to wrists, neck or ankles to help keep cool.
DG x

Dalhousie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »

Is the large Chillow a bit on the heavy side when you've filled it with water.  I want to put it between my thighs at night to help with the hot flashes and sleep.  I have a lot of pain in my back due to chronic pain issues & wouldn't want anything too heavy.  I currently use a Nexcare cold pack I put on my hip for bursitis.  I was thinking of buying the larger size of the Soothsoft chillows.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »

Not sure what to suggest. It is quite heavy. Perhaps try the smaller one to start with as it may be easier to handle. Dg x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 06:11:57 PM »

I've used both between my thighs, not at same time though.  ;D

You fill with required amount of water to activate it, but then you squeeze out as much as possible & allow to chill. Wouldn't class as overly heavy.

Small one weighs about 390g
Large one about 840g both when ready to use.

Hope that helps.

Dalhousie

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »

Thanks for your help.  I weighed my cool pack & that is just under 800g but the mini soothsoft is quite a generous size at 35x28x2cm so I think I'll buy that one.  Initially I thought they'd be quite heavy with all the water you put in them but if you squeeze some of it out then it shouldn't be too bad.  They're so soothing in this hot weather we're having plus my bedroom is very sauna-like with windows front and back so it gets the sun all day.

Linsey44

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »

Dalhousie, when you get your chillow, the instructions tell you approx how heavy it should be when some of the water has been released from it.

I have normal chillow here in uk but bought the chillow plus for taking to cyprus as it was two way cooling.  Think it made a slight difference but it was very hot there anyway, so it was hard to tell.