Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: High Blood Pressure  (Read 2979 times)

margaret

High Blood Pressure
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:11:06 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I came off HRT a few months ago as I had high blood pressure and migraine.  To update you I went back for my blood pressure check and it's still high 164 over 82, so I don't think it was my Elleste Duet causing it, which makes me ask could it just be caused by my transition into the menopause or am I barking up the wrong tree, I've never had problems until the perimenopause started, I'm not over weight I've got a BMI of 23 eat proper balanced diet and I'm active.

:)xxx

Joyce

Re: High Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »

I've been on HRT for about same length of time I've had raised BP. All I have to do is get regular BP checks.

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:13:23 AM »

I got high blood pressure when I entered menopause. The medication and hrt control it well. Don't worry about the top number it is the lower number that matters most and 82 is not terrible. Consider investing in a home bp machine and if needs be, take medication!

margaret

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »

Thanks Suzyq

Have to go back to the docs in 2 months she's going to decide if I need medication or not.  I've bought a blood pressure machine and have to take  a reading every week until I go back to see her.

:-* x