Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello - advice on Elleste Duet 1 mg  (Read 1982 times)

Luna

Hello - advice on Elleste Duet 1 mg
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »

Hi everyone I have recently joined,

I began the Peri-menopause 4 years ago at the age of 42 but to be honest it wasn't really a problem until the beginning of this year. I was having fairly regular periods until February and then they tailed off. The night sweats kicked in with a vengeance causing exhaustion during the day as I wasn't sleeping well. I have always been anti HRT because of all of the risks associated with it but I finally gave in as my herbal supplements were no longer helping and went to the Dr's.

The Dr prescribed the Elleste Duet 1mg combination and I am nearly at the end of the first strip. My question is about the green tablets, the ones containing norethisterone. I have never been the most patient person and have always been quick tempered but usually, I calm down quickly... but on these I am like the she devil! I have absolutely no patience, I am snapping, screaming and shouting at my family and to be honest, they and I can't take much more. I understand that I need to take the course for the 3 months that were prescribed so that my body can get used to it and then I can decide if they need changing or if things settle down but I am wondering if these "green demon tablets" affect others in the same way? If so does it get any better?

Having said all of that, my sleep is so much better and my sweats are now under control.

I would be so grateful for any input...Thank you  :)

Luna

Re: Hello - advice on Elleste Duet 1 mg
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 11:02:42 AM »

Anyone?

choc57

Re: Hello - advice on Elleste Duet 1 mg
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »

Hi Luna
I've only recently joined MM too. I'm on Elleste Duet 1mg and have been for 4 months now. Like you I was pretty anti hrt but absolutely desperate due to sweats and lack of sleep. I'm finding it to be ok for me except that the sweats took 3 whole months to go and after 3 weeks being free of them they've come back but only slightly usually only one per night and nothing like as bad so I'm going to continue and see how i am by the end of 6 months which is when I go back.
I dreaded starting the green tabs because of what I'd read but I'm ok on them but I know lots of people on here aren't ok. It seems to be Femoston has a kinder type of progesterone and that might be better for you. If I were you I'd go back to my GP now and not wait. I know mine said to come back in 3 months but if I had any real problems to come back earlier. I definitely would do if you're feeling so rotten :) X