Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Acid reflux?  (Read 95209 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Acid reflux?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 10:00:38 AM »

I had a rather unpleasant experience of what I suppose was acid reflux during a yoga session. It was very sudden; a rush of acid into my mouth and nose. I sat up quickly in order to avoid spewing up everywhere. I had no heartburn and hadn't eaten for several hours. My mouth became inflamed and the rest of my digestive system felt similarly afflicted. I felt rough for a few days as things settled down. I have had a yoga session since with no problem, though I was a bit stressed it would happen again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Kelly

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »

Hi everyone had a better day today. I have stopped the gaviscon liquid and not as burpy just taking one omezprazole in morning 20g. Went to work for full day and it distracted from my throat though I am hoarse now. Hello again CLKD you so kind with advice!  I am having at present 2 whole meal toast in morning with tea and butter .    scrambled egg cottage cheese lunch time maybe and small portion of whatever I make at night for family pasta,lasagne or often salad with salmon or steak.     If i make tikka masala or chilli i dont havei it nowadays just iin case. I keep well away from rice aswell .Cups of tea down to two a day with maybe one  biscuit  though doc insists tea doesnt cause it.  I ben having a scoop of ice cream too sometimes. No wine at all but has anyone tried a winespritzer with sodawater     I am drinking loads  of water all day long . I think my acid is happening at night time a lot so hard to identify triggers . I have to reduce it though as My throat needs to heal.  I have lost nine pounds unintentionally as my appetite is low so I need to add a few more jacket potatoes etc i think. Is there any fruit that everyone
Thinks is okay to have I have kept away from that too.! I am very confused as you can tell. How do you ladies manage on dinner out in the evening. Any advice on switching to soya milk or taking  actilophus .
Ju ju keep an eye on things as I started regurgitating stuff and ignored it resulting in this unbearable sore throat.poor Sparkle you could do without all that!
Thanks again everyone I am going to try Zantac at bedtime to see how it goes.

Love to allxxxxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »

Both butter and cottage cheese can cause me problems.  As can fizzy drinks.  It is a problem for me at night though I can feel acid this evening as I haven't eaten regularly during the day.   

Rice should be OK - there's nothing in it once it's boiled  ;) - DH has added chopped garlic, ginger (which used to cause problems for me), cadmium seeds ………. that was my meal earlier.

it's when I lay down in bed that mine starts  >:(

Kelly

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »

Thanks CKLD for your advice so tricky for me as I am not getting severe heartburn just a sore throat.  My diets not bad is it?    I just want rid of this sore sore throat . Very frustrating indeed. I am back at ENT on the 19th  to discuss it again so if the pills have worked by then I have to accept it must be acid causing throat and I m sleeping through it all! Gonna try a bed wedge !! . I will keep everyone posted .   Love to all
xxxx

honeybun

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 12:46:16 PM »

One consultant told me that the stomach makes more acid overnight than at any other time. He advised taking a pill last thing before bed. It did help me.

Give porridge a try in the morning. It really does sooth and line your tummy.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »

Your diet is OK from where I'm sitting  ;)

If you don't make excess acid then maybe the sore throat is caused from something else  :-\ - do you sleep with your mouth open? snore? sneeze a lot?

Kelly

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »

I will switch to taking my pill at night folks I think. My life still on hold until I get rid of this throat as nurofen,paracetamol isn't shifting it at all. Bought Zantac to try today and had the  inquisition from girl in chemist over why I was taking it! She said you shouldn't take it with prescribed ppi! I said well my consultant says differently!
Booked to see Rod Stewart on 20th with  best friend  but  justvcouldntbgo with a raging throat and no voice! Boohoo want my life back !
Sparkle do you have sore throat all the time?
CKLD yes I do sleep with my mouth open sometimes and sometimes snore!
I got soya milk today does anyone think that might help? I might try porridge with soya in morning . Also someone recommended honey for throat .

Smokey

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »

Hi, I was diagnosed with hiatus hernia ten years ago and it returns still every now and then usually when stressed or worried about something. When I was diagnosed I was told the following: no fizzy drinks,tea or coffee, anything with too much saturated fat in, pizza,chocolate,pastrys/pastry pies etc and ice cream.
Certain fruits those with lots of acidity in them like citrus fruits,grapefruits etc.
Also I was told to eat small meals often like every two hrs or so.
Oh and it's alway much worse when period is due, and yes it's hormone related and mine only started again with peri meno, I take omprezole one before food at breakfast time 20mg, Ive had it today as it happens, first felt bloated for a few days then heavy hard feeling with pain under rib age. Took the omprezole at 4pm and felt so much better by tea time I shall probably continue taking omprezole each morning for the next few days, then it will disappear again!

I hope this helps, I've not had burning throat but have experienced burning mouth feeling a bit like when you've been chewing menthol gum, every time I breather I. Or out through my mouth, thankfully gone now after I started HRT !

Good luck

Smokeyxx

Kelly

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

Thanks Sparkle and Smokey taking all your advice on board.
Xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:35 PM »

Did you sleep better?

Kelly

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2014, 02:06:24 PM »

HI CKLD I always sleep I think that's maybe the trouble. I am never up in the  night with heartburn  docs think i must have acid in the night causing  sore thoat as camera showed up a small hiatus hernia. Infact i am shattered . can omprezaole make you tired? doc told me to take  two  a day and i could harly get up this morning. I am back at ENT  next week so I will see what he says. Xx

rosie c

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »

More likely the acid reflux making you tired. We all have it in my family, and it can make life pretty miserable. All the women (sisters and daughters ) find the reflux worse before periods... definately hormone related.!!! It can cause sore throats, earache, excessive burping, bloating, excessive mucus, tiredness, burning mouth and in the case of one of my daughters, really sore lips.!!

Kelly

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2014, 06:56:10 PM »

Oh us poor women we have to suffer don't we Rosie. Some days like today I get up and I am so shaky and weepy I think I am losing my grip. In 3 months I am a different person .  I am refusing invitations right left and centre. Will I ever get rid of this  constant sore throat.  Maybe I should try stronger painkillers. I never like to take strong ones. Xxxxxx

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »

I think you should try something to sooth your throat. Have you tried Manuka honey. It's a bit pricey but my mother swears by the stuff. She is nearly 92 and has taken it for years.
A couple of spoonfuls a day is very good for digestive problems.

Honeyb
x

Lady D

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »

Apologies not read whole thread but I have acid problems due to a hiatius hernia the main symptom of which was a tickly cough ie, coughed so bad I pulled muscles in my chest :(

I am now on meds which generally speaking manages it very well although symptoms seem to be coming back - could be due to my diet not being great ie, eat healthy stuff but also baaaaad stuff or just getting older?!   I also used Gaviscon double action, swear by the stuff.

My conditions was diagnosed through having to have a camera down my throat, not pleasant but sometimes needs must.

Had no idea that acid reflux was linked to tiredness though?  I am permanently shattered :(

Hope you get your sore throat sorted soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13