Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Acid reflux?  (Read 95221 times)

Kelly

Re: Acid reflux?
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »

Hi Milamam no I haven't started the A DS . Just couldn't face any side effects as the blurred eyes are enough. Trying to manage anxiety myself but not easy.
See those things are why I really don't want them AD s only a last resort .
Anymore tips welcome though!
Kelly xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »

"Did you know that water can be either naturally alkaline or artificially alkaline?

"It's true. Naturally alkaline water has a chemical makeup that differs significantly from artificially alkaline water.
"More important, however, is the fact that artificially alkaline water causes side effects and should generally be avoided as a daily drinking water.
"

I still don't understand how or why, during this thread, someone mentioned that there are drinking 'alkaline' water  :-\ 

Kelly

« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »

It was me CLKD I drink the saka natural mineral water that has a higher ph than tap water. It has a nice taste too and is widely available from tesco etc.
Had general anaesthetic and consultant had good look at my throat yesterday and found nothing sinister so I feel a lot better today though obviously have a sore throat since they were poking around.
Still having the hypnotherapy with hypno analysis ( where you talk back) . The practioner said after a few sessions I wouldn't even think of talking the Ads and you know he was right i havnt. Mind you it's early days and I am a work in progress.
SPARKLE how are you doing lately ?
Kelly

chloe

« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2014, 07:34:32 PM »

Had my 1st visit to see the consultant today. The Dr I was supposed to see had finished for the day and I was told I was seeing someone else. I am so glad I did he was so nice and understanding. He thinks it's acid reflux and is booking me in for a endoscopy and a scan to check my gall bladder to see if I have gall stones.
I told him about my grandma dying of stomach cancer and he said he wasn't concerned by that as she was in her 70's when diagnosed.
He was more concerned when my hubby told him my mum died at the age of 52 of bowel cancer. Apparently there is  a blood test to see if you are more at risk of getting bowel cancel and he is going to ask someone in that field to see if they can arrange for me to be tested for it.

Even my own doctors have never mentioned this and is something that is offered at the age of 45 to those seen to be more at risk of it so I have gone 4 years over that.  I think he will get me sorted out in the end and I can feel well once again.

Kelly

« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »

We are so changeable aren't we Sparkle. I am nowhere near as positive  today.quite shaky really cos i keep mulling over what I have been through.i know I shouldn't as whats past is past isn't it.
You will soon be rustling up those healthy meals in your shiny new kitchen. It's understandable that your stomach is playing up when you are living upside down so to speak .
Glad you are getting sorted Chloe.
Kelly xxx

glenys

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2014, 10:34:46 PM »

Hopefully the GP will put you on PPIs to reduce your acid whilst your gullet heals.  If it goes on too long, the walls of your oesophagus will scar and excess scarring (Barratts oesophagus) can lead to cancer.

This is not just a menopausal thing - I have had it years, and am only just gone through menopause now at 50.

If you are on any antidepressant meds, anti-inflammatories or muscle relaxants this can make it worse, as it can slacken the muscle at the top of the stomach and let more acid through.

Antacids/over the counter remedies often are taken after the acid has done its damage, so do not rely on them soley - discuss PPIs with the GP and see if they, or something else are an option (the side effects are few, and worth the reduction in cancer risk.

Anjia

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »

On Monday I woke up with a dull pain under my left rib it was constant a bit like toothache pain and I did notice that I was burping a lot that day, anyway it went but this morning its back and its so annoying.I had my gallbladder out a few years ago could this be acid refllux?

cheekygal

« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »

I have pain on and off under left boob which sometimes radiates to the side and under my arm, I also have upper abdominal burning, I was taking 20mg omeprozole twice daily but have tried cutting out the evening one and taking couple of rennies instead, this seems to have eased it a bit.  Sometimes it was that bad I couldn't stand wearing a bra.  Had endoscopy which revealed nothing, so it was put down to non ulcer dyspepsia, in other words, indigestion.  I guess it's more common ln the left side as that's where the stomach lies.  Try drinking a glass of water half hour before meals that can help with digestion. :)

Anjia

« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »

Thanks for the answers it is down to stress I have had a lot the past few weeks my gp has prescribed omzerprozol so I hope this works.It helps to no others are going through the same things if you no what I mean !!!

Kelly

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Glad your results okay Sparkle. Hope the kitchen is coming on nicely! As I said they lookd at my throat under anaesthetic and everything was fine but since then I have had a really bad throat stopping me sleeping and everything and I my anxiety that I had workd so hard on has gone through the roof.   I hope the throat is due to the investigation and not my old throat coming back as I just  couldn't cope with that again. I am So low I have started the  citalopram10mg  yesterday along with  2mg of diazepam three times a day as doc recommended.   Feel so nausea can't eat and just don't want to lose any more weight. I have lost a stone already.  Really didn't want to take the ad but need my life back . Just hope and pray it helps as I just spent two days in bed .
Sorry folks just feeling sorry for myself !
Kelly

Kelly

« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »

Doc said take ad before bed so I did and not as sicky today but still feel a bit weird. Only had three pills so far as well! I know I have to keep going with them to lighten my mood otherwise I just fixate on my throat and my health all the time. I am still carrying on with the hypnotherapy as well. I didn't want to tie them Sparkle but had to for my families sake really as I couldn't carry on the way I was.
I know how you feel I can't stand being upside down but it will be so worth it!!
No more appointments other than monthly check at docs .ENT don't need to see me again so that's good i suppose.
Big hug back to youxxxxxxx

Ps doc yesterday said many just take omprezanol and lansoprozole as nd when they feel they need it or maybe just a couple a week .thats interesting isn't it !

Kelly

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »

Oh that sounds painful Sparkle. Get it checkd when you are at docs as well. Doesn't it feel like we always have a health problem to focus on! Let me know what they say about your hiatus hernia.  Doc told me to just take omeprozole as and when I needed it or couple of times a week. In fact he gave me lansoprozole as he prefers it. I am one week into AD and still feel very anxious in morning and worrying that they may make my blurry eyes worse. Also I am still feeling bit sicky on them with not much appetite . Doc said perceive but it's hard. When will I feel benefit and will sickness go? The nightmare continues !
Help!!!!!!

chloe

« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »

Had my endoscopy this morning and as everyone said it was ok. I can only remember retching a bit but as I was sedated it didn't bother me.

They only found some polyps in my stomach, everything else was ok. Will have to wait and see if the scan of my gall bladder tomorrow shows anything.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »

Oh poor you.  Will you return to the same Dept.?

liz12

« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2014, 05:22:03 PM »

I am convinced that heartburn is to do with the menopause! Both me and my sister has it too, she also had her throat checked with ENT consultant as she felt that she had a lump, there was no lump,but, he told her it was quite a common sensation in the menopause, there tends to be a lot of undisclosed symptoms, so hey ho we carry on regard less, still I am so glad I don't have periods, as mine were horrendous, often leaving something behind on seats, very unpleasant.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13