Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Fluid retention/ weight gain evorel 50  (Read 5247 times)

TraceyTracey

Fluid retention/ weight gain evorel 50
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »

Hi there.  I started the patches 2 weeks ago and I have gained 5 lbs... I exercise and am not over eating.   When will this subside or is it inevitable that I am going to gain weight.. ?

I am 43, peri menopausal, I have the mirena fitted.   

I am also experiencing constant breast tenderness... Will this settle down.

What is your experience...  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:46:17 AM by TraceyTracey »

Kathleen

Re: Fluid retention/ weight gain evorel 50
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »

Hello TraceyTracey.

Not sure if this helps but I've been on Evorel 50 patches for three months and I haven't noticed any weight gain or breast tenderness, although I have had digestive problems recently so that could explain the weight part. The progesterone I take is Utrogestan 100.

Last year I tried Climesse tablets for three months and definitely noticed breast tenderness then and I assumed that was due to the progesterone being norethisterone.

I am sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.

Take care.

K.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »

TraceyTracey - everyone is different and will respond differently to various HRT types.  I think it's early days and hopefully these side effects will settle. 
When did you have the Mirena fitted? The Mirena can sometimes cause side effects for the first few weeks or months because you can get an initial boost to progesterone and it's usually progesterone that causes side effects - this should settle.  I'm afraid a little bit of bloating is very common.
DG x

carrs

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »

The reports we have are that hrt does not cause weight gain, but I think it can a little. I remember being extra hungry and putting on 3 or 4 pounds quickly. I don't think it was bloating, though. See if the breast tenderness settles. If not, you might prefer norethisterone??