Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Palpitations are driving me bonkers!  (Read 3038 times)

Lilyloos

Palpitations are driving me bonkers!
« on: April 18, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »

Hello everyone
I'm new to this site, and relieved to have found it!
I've been period free for about 3 years, but have suffered from palpitations with what now appears to be anxiety (because I am worried that my heart is now irregular).   These always happen in the early hours but recently they happen through the day at odd times.  I came off hrt Climagest 2mg and then down to 1mg for about a year, then was hrt free for about 5 months only.  When palpitations started I went back onto hrt but GP put me on Premique low dose which is only .30mg oestrogen and higher progestogen (combined).  I have been on this for about 6 mo this now, but not sure if there's enough oestrogen in there for me, palpitations did lessen but they are back again with a vengeance.  Had the usual ECG bloods and thyroid function, all within normal range.  Hoping to hear from you ladies out there who may have experienced the same.  X

Suzyq

Re: Palpitations are driving me bonkers!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:26 PM »

I was having dreadful palpitations but these have gone with hrt so perhaps your dose is not high enough or the premique doesn't suit you. If something worked for you before why not try that again?

Cobweb4moth

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 08:48:06 PM »

Hi Lily loose,  did you get any resolution  / respite from your palpitations  and if so how
Thanks

Jayjem

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 11:21:23 PM »

I got palpitations too. A friend explained to me what was going on as I was scared it could have been serious. Now I try and breathe through them. I have to day though they have eased over time.

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 08:29:50 AM »

Me too,palpitations for years,they come and go,thing is,when do you know if you should speak to a Dr,I've had a few ecg's and all ok