Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?  (Read 18319 times)

Sarah2

Re: Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 05:14:58 PM »

Oh dear...

did you take them on an empty stomach last thing at night?
Taking them with food ( that means you should leave at least 2 hours after you have eaten) does change how your body metabolises it and you may get more side effects.

PollyH

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »

Hi sarah2

Yeah I took on an empty stomach - do you think I will feel better when my body gets used to it ?

PollyH

X x x x

Sarah2

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 06:07:55 PM »

Hmmm- really hard to say. Sorry!

I find they make me slightly hotter at night but I was always like that during the progesterone phase of my cycle, before meno.

I do feel dizzy if I take them and don't go to bed- had that experience ONCE and nearly fell over! But then I tend to sleep reasonably well.

You could always try the 100mgs but that would be for longer- 25 days .

Women who take less than the prescribed/ normal amount tend to have access to private scans to check their lining is not getting thickened on lower doses.

I'd try  to stick out the 200mgs and see how you go.

Fingers crossed!

PollyH

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »

Thank you sarah2 for replying -hope you are ok.

I will give it a go and see how I feel tomorrow x x

PollyH x x

PollyH

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »

Hi all

I have taken 4 utrogestan 200mg capsules and I feel so ill today - had to ring in work just couldn't go. My brain is foggy and I am so tired just want to lie down all the time. Don't know what to do now. I can't face another day like this. Had a headache as well -  feel so low, don't think I can take any more of this utrogestan. I'm so confused with it all.

Any advice please. I'm taking 50mcg eostradot patch - still having few hot flushes and wonder if this is being absorbed.

Thanks

PollyH
xxxx

Sarah2

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »

Oh that sounds awful :(

The other option is to use them vaginally like a pessary at night which some women find helps reduce side effects.

How did you used to feel when you were having normal cycles pre-meno?
Utrogestan is bio identical progesterone so your reaction to your own progesterone might be a guide- did you get bad PMT etc?

Failing any improvement on vaginal use then you could try 100mgs for more days, or go onto a synthetic progestogen such as Norethisterone.

Cassie

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 06:31:50 PM »

I would cut down to 100mg for 12 to 15 days per month used vaginally and see how you fare with that.

PollyH

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »

Hi sarah2

I'm still having hot flushes - maybe the patches are not working. I might have to go back on femoston 2/10. I didn't used to have bad pmt - but I was on the pill for a long time, but as soon as I came off it I seemed to go down hill. I feel like I have had problems since I was 38 and I am now fifty and because I have been on hrt for 8 years thought I had better have patches because they are supposed to be safer.

Maybe I should try the utrogestan capsule vaginally tonight -I have no other option, won't be able to get in at the doctors till next week. Or I just don't take it and carry on with the eastradot  patches for now. Think my cycle is so messed up after coming off for a short time.

Hope you are ok
Thanks for the reply -PollyH x x

PollyH

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:24 PM »

Hi cassy

Thanks for replying

I have only got the 200mg capsules and don't know whether I will be able get in at the doctors  . I will have to try this dose vaginally and hope the side effects are less. My other option would be to have one every other day. Do you think that would be ok? I'm so sick of this menopause - don't know what to do for the best.

PollyH
xx

Sarah2

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 07:36:57 PM »

There was a member posting about alternate-day use a while back. She felt it would be ok but for me, personally, it wouldn't work- I get early-ish bleeding even on 200mgs ( bleed usually by day 9 -10, not 2-3 days after stopping) so I am sure the bleeding would be all over the place on alternate day dose.

Try the vaginal route and see how you feel.

You might need a 75mg patch if you are still getting hot flushes- if you had an early menopause then by now your own oestrogen levels would be very low.This might also account for feeling rubbish- too much progesterone to the amount of oestrogen you are getting.

Fingers crossed for you!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:38:42 PM by Sarah2 »

Cassie

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »

You could try the gel, it is great as you can adjust the dosage up or down as per your symptoms, so a bit more leeway to play with...

PollyH

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »

I didn't take a utrogestan capsule last nite nor did I try  it vaginally, just couldn't cope with another day like yesterday. I fee a bit better today and have had long think today and I am going to try it vaginally tonight. So I have now missed a dose, but just going to carry on until day 26. I have a doctors appointment booked for next Friday and goin to ask if I can have lower dose of utrogestan if I use it vaginally.

Do patches give a continuous dose or do they become weaker when they are due to be changed. My doctor gave me 50mcg which he said would be equivalent to 2mg tablet - but maybe I do need a higher dose now.

Thanks for the replies.

PollyH
xx

Sarah2

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »

I don't think you need take them for 26 days if you are taking 200mgs.
My leaflet says 14 days @ 200mgs ( though my gynae is happy for me to take 10 days)- or you take 100mgs for 25 days.

If you continue with 200mgs for 26 days that is too much.

PollyH

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »

Sorry my sentence was confusing - I meant day 15 to 26 (12 days). Glad when it's over -6 more to go!

PollyH
xx

Sarah2

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »

Ahhhh! I see! :)
Hang on in there- not long to go!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4