Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: No withdrawal bleed  (Read 12774 times)

claude66

No withdrawal bleed
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »

is that normal. I have just finished my first full cycle of HRT with the gel and ultrogestan. Been 5 days since I last took any progesterone and not had a bleed. I really don't think I'm going to bed one, just don't 'feel' it. Does it matter?

I don't think the gel did much as I still got a lot of hot flushes. Could it be that if the gel didn't build up womb lining then there's nowt to come away?

I will make appointment with GP but it's always a week before I can get to see him

ellie66

Re: No withdrawal bleed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »

Apparently some women do not bleed on squei HRT. I only have a very light bleed and I am taking Oestrogel and Utragestan too. I would not worry.

EDIT: If you are still having hot flushes you can up the gel. How many squirts are you using? This way I love this HRT regime. Also do not forget it may take 3/4 months to settle down on new HRT. Stick with it :) I think is fabulous HRT.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:24:11 PM by ellie66 »

claude66

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »

I am using 2 pumps a day at the moment but may add a third in when I get my new supply!

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »

you should get a bleed what is your dosage of utro?

ellie66

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:21:38 PM »

I read on here there are a percentage of women that do not get a bleed? Hurdity do you know? Yes I would up it to 3 pumps or even 4. Its worth sticking with as its so easy to tweak. I feel fabulous on it. 1 month is early days yet.

claude66

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »

I took one 200mg of Utrogestan for 12 days.

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Mmm... that is most strange! Perhaps its on its way, my bleed usually comes 5 days after, you really should get one using 2 pumps, keep us posted :)

Meeka

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »

I use oestrogel , two pumps and Utrogestan.  Ive tried 200mg of utrogestan for 7 and 12 days and still only get a tiny bleed.  At first my gyno said use 100mg for 7 days but I was getting no bleed on that regime.  He didn't think it was a problem tho.   I think utrogestan is a weak form of progesterone but has the least side effects.  My gyno suggested using provero but I am sticking with utrogestan at the moment, hoping the tiny bleed is ok.

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 03:51:47 AM »

How often do you have a scan Meeka to see what your uterus lining is looking like?

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »

Hi there

Yes as I became post-meno I stopped having a bleed on sequi HRT by the time I was about 57-58 I think. I was on 50 mcg patches and 400 mg Cyclogest for 11 days out of 28 (not licensed as HRT but prescribed by some gynaes and GPs) - which I understand is equivalent to the 200 mg Utrogestan.

I would say if you're not getting a bleed and as Stellajane says - you are post-meno then it's because you are on a low dose of Oestrogen, so the lining is not building up sufficiently.

If you are still having flushes on 2 pumps of gel then definitely mention to the doctor about increasing the number of pumps. If you do increase (the gel) then you would be likely to get a monthly bleed as that amount of Utrogestan should be sufficient. Personally in your situation I would start the increased dose before thinking about lengthening your cycle - but that would be a great option if the 2 pumps ended up being just right! Who wants to have a 4 week cycle if you could avoid it!!

Hurdity x

claude66

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 12:00:32 PM »

thanks for the replies. I've emailed my Dr and will see what he says. Still no bleed so pretty sure it won't happen now.

I would doubt I'm fully post menopausal as I had a period in January and had been ovulating. My instinct is that the gel took a long time to work. It's only in the last few days I've felt it really kick in, so perhaps lining wasn't thick enough.

claude66

Re: No withdrawal bleed - update
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »

thought id update after seeing Dr.

Apparently it's common not to immediately get withdrawal bleed as it takes the estrogen a while to build up and create a thick womb lining. Dr says withdrawal bleed will usually kick in after 2-3 cycles