Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 5514 times)

twinkle1066

Anxiety
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:20:50 AM »

Hi All,

Having been peri for a while now -  I have come off Elleste Duo for the time being as I was getting tummy cramps, crippling anxiety over health has returned. Due to see gynae again beginning of April. Health anxiety is all I think about during the day, even the tiniest of aches or pains means something to me. I do suffer from pains and have had an abdo ultrasound because I was convinced I had something awful, I've had a mammogram  as I convinced myself I had breast cancer. I have googled every ache and pain possible. I have started waking up in the morning shaking straight away. I have booked for a yoga class for try and calm myself down, but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how they dealt with it. I actually feel I am going mad, feel llght headed and that I can't cope. Any help greatly appreciated.

Xx  :-\

Rowan

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »

Make a list of your aches and pains and keep a food diary.  See if there is correlation between being hungry and certain parts aching/nipping.

Do you exericse? Sometimes after walking a lot my calves/thighs ache.  Sometimes my back is sore.  But if symptoms have been present for months/years and don't get any worse, then it's wear and tear and un-likely to be serious.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »

Having had health anxiety all my life I sympathise totally with you.  Always remember that the minute you worry about a symptom you kick off a whole host of symptoms that are purely due to the stress hormones in your body. The most common being dizziness/lightheadidness, feeling of lump in throat, tingling.twitching I could go on and on ..........

Make a list of your symptoms and be honest with your GP that you are experiencng extreme anxiety over these symptoms -maybe ask for a double appt even if you have to wait a bit for it and if the receptionist asks why just say mental health that tends to stop them in their tracks asking questions!!!

HOpefully you will have a sympathetic GP who can reassure you about your symptoms and explain how hormones have such a huge effect on our mental health.

If you want to message me to talk some more please do as I have years of experience of health anxiety and dealing with it  ::)

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:16 AM »

I have been getting bad anxiety.
Waking up with that horrible roller coaster feeling in my stomach and feeling tense and worried.
I have been taking magnesium citrate a few times a day for a couple of weeks now and it has made a real difference.
Magnesium citrate can give you diarrhoea, but, if you split the dose and take it a few times a day, my bowels are not affected.
It has to be taken in between meals, because food stops absorption.
Hope that helps.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »

I found magnesium increased my bowel action  ::) ……… several years ago (1990s) I did find high dose useful for stopping that awful cough reflex following a cold.

twinkle1066

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies - I will go to Sainsburys tonight and get a magnesium supplement  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 01:41:03 PM »

Keep posting!

twinkle1066

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »

will do  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »

Mine will increase this week, Duty Visit tomorrow until Sunday  :(

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 04:36:15 PM »

I found magnesium increased my bowel action  ::) ……… several years ago (1990s) I did find high dose useful for stopping that awful cough reflex following a cold.
Mag doesn't give you diarrhoea if you take it either 2hrs before food or 2hrs after food. Taking it this way means no bowel action. :)

Dandelion

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 04:39:05 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies - I will go to Sainsburys tonight and get a magnesium supplement  :-*
Try to avoid magnesium oxide as only a tiny bit gets absorbed and it's much more likely to give you the trots.
I use magnesium citrate, but changing to malate as i heard thats absorbed better.

twinkle1066

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »

Thanks D for your advice - I see we are the same age ! I've had so much help from peops on here, nice knowing not suffering alo xne  ;D