Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: evorel sequi patches  (Read 2938 times)

Mudster

evorel sequi patches
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:48:21 PM »

I have just started on HRT and was given evorel sequi patches, which I started to use on Thurs, but Sunday and particularly today I have been feeling nauseas, and as well as getting my hot flushes my skin has also been feeling cold.... like the feeling when you have been walking up a really steep hill in a warm coat then you take your coat off but then your sweat cools down and makes you feel cold on the skin - thats what its felt like (best description I can think of)  This is usually in the areas of my flushes - chest, neck area, but also top of my arms/shoulders instead of my face.

Is this normal when you first start on HRT?  I resorted to snacking on ginger biscuits to help with the nausea as I did when I was pregnant!  ;D  but it did help..

Thank you ladies x

lynn walker

Re: evorel sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:21:39 PM »

Hi I am also on Evorel Sequi patches the nausea may have been because of the hot flushes, you need to give it time they really have helped with mine I was getting them pretty bad, but you need to give it a couple of months and hope you see a difference.

bev567901

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

Hi I will be two weeks in on the same patches on Sunday & have felt really sickly too. I have had a few bad headaches as well. I am due to start the second type of patch on Sunday & think they may cause more nausea but will report back. I am sticking with it though as I am hoping the side effects go away as it has taken me so long to get them. I feel worse when I have a new patch on so Wednesdays & Sundays are bad days currently. I will say though this fourth patch has not been as bad as the first three so fingers crossed. B x

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »

Hi I just wondered how you are all doing on these patches as these are what I have been prescribed and I have the same side effects as you are talking about, just wondered if it got any better?

bev567901

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »

Hi Robot Wars, I am still doing really well on the evorel sequi. I do find the second half of the month is better which is opposite to what most people say. I have gone from strength to strength, have made a huge house move & have less nausea & stomach upset. I sleep better too & I am a lot less anxious. I have noticed my periods getting heavier & more painful plus last month it started very early so I guess things might need tweaking again but I will see. I am also on an AD called Lustral so this may have played it's part too. Two years ago my life was over but here I am living the dream in another country (Wales :)
Hope that helps somewhat & I wish you all the best for your patches xx