Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Benefits from changing from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10  (Read 12696 times)

anna123

Benefits from changing from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10
« on: March 02, 2014, 07:52:39 AM »

Hello,
I started on Femoston 1/10 in mid Jan and have been feeling rotten since then. Felt worse than when I was put on HRT originally  last year. I know it's considered a low dose so went back to my GP .She immediately incvreased it to 2/10 no hesitation thankfully :) Hoping I start to feel the benefit soon as my anxiety has been through the roof the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone changed from 1/10 to 2/10 and have you seen much improvement?If so, how soon did it work? Many thanks

walking the dog

Re: Benefits from changing from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »

Hi Anna123

last year I changed from femoston 1/10 to 2/10, the lower dose did absolutely nothing for me! I was on 2/10 for 6 month and decided that had also not helped so with my doctors support I came off it, however within a few weeks of not taking the 2/10 i felt worse than ever and my gp suggested it had actually been helping more than i realised and to re start the 2/10 which i did. I have been on it another 6 month now and still get terrible anxiety but I now know it does help as without it i am ten times worse than i am on it. I would suggest you give the 2/10 a good trial and even a little help is good but you may find it works completely for your symptoms.

Good luck

WT Dog

anna123

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

Thanks WTD- I know what you mean. Often benefits can be gradual and build up so we don't realize how much it's helping until it's not.I was on Evorel Sequi  50 patches originally and my anxiety eased but stopped takign itfor other reasons.So when Istarted on 1/10 my anxiety increased back again I knew it must be the reduced oestrogen though I couldn't compare levels of oestrogen in 50 patches and 1mg tablets. I will give it a try and do want  to stay on it as tolerate the progstogen much better.   

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »

I went from femoston 1/10 to 2/qo after 3 minths. Ive been on 2/10 for six weeks .  Its not working as much as i would like but i havent given it long enough.
Id have thought 2/10 would be enough for me as i am only peri and therefore must atill be producing enough of my own oestrogen.
Magnesium helps flushes for me but not anxiety yet. Ive only been using it a day though and assume that also takes a while to build up in the system.

anna123

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »

Thanks Dandelion.I'm 39 so should also have some of my own oestrogen but it's so scary how bad I've been feeling. I wonder if I've always had lowish oestrogen. Anxiety is my biggest problem with headaches,muscle aches ,bad sleep though thse have improved

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 04:08:53 PM »

Thanks Dandelion.I'm 39 so should also have some of my own oestrogen but it's so scary how bad I've been feeling. I wonder if I've always had lowish oestrogen. Anxiety is my biggest problem with headaches,muscle aches ,bad sleep though thse have improved
Hi

Anxiety is also my biggest problem.
I was hoping to see the back of it within a short time of being on 2/10
I feel like I am not in control of my own mind, for instance, I am taking irrational things to be my gut feeling, and sat here worrying about getting old, seems that I don't have family.

I'm giving the 2/10 more time, though, and also giving the magnesium more time to work.
It seems to be helping.