Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Very sore boobs  (Read 2403 times)

fiorinda

Very sore boobs
« on: February 28, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »

Hello, I've not been here for a good few months because since starting on HRT I've not had any symptoms and I've felt great. I'm in my 6th month of HRT now.

Everything has been good. I've not had any side effects (touch wood) and I've had a 'normal' period each month (by which I mean a period that seemed very much the same as the periods I had when I was having them naturally).

This time round however, my period was super-light and quite short (4 days instead of 5, my periods were ALWAYS at least 5 days). And since it finished I've had REALLY sore boobs and nipples. I've also had some pain in my pubic bone, a sort of heavy, dull ache - not feeling like anything in an internal organ but in the bone itself. I know I've experienced this pain before but can't remember when or why. That seems to have almost faded now, but the breast pain is just as bad. It's like the tenderness you get before a period. But I've just had one.

Has anyone else experienced this (I'm sure there will probably be loads who have!)? Any idea what it means? Does it mean my prescription (I'm on the lower dose) isn't very effective any more do you think?

I'm due a full medical in March (as Lee and I are hoping to be approved to adopt and it's one of the requirements) so I'll mention it to the doc when I go, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Hope everyone is well! x

Galadriel

Re: Very sore boobs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:20:07 AM »

Hi Fiorinda,

I've had the same thing this month - regular withdrawal bleeds lasting the usual length of time for me - not long as I had an ablation two years ago. But this cycle my boobs remained tender all the way through this pack and I'm due on next weekend. I put it down to a little surge in my own hormones.

The dull ache in the pubic bone could be down to a surge in your own hormones - relaxin and progesterone. I've experienced this in the past and ended up wearing a large tubigrip bandage like a girdle to hold myself together!

I'm sure more expert ladies will be along to help with an answer - and it might be worth a mention in your medical. Good luck with the adoption process. x
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:32:37 AM by Galadriel »