Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Menopause Symptoms and new to the site  (Read 4078 times)

mandy43

Menopause Symptoms and new to the site
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

Hi

I am new and would appreciate some support at this confusing time.  My first symptoms started last year and were purely period related, as I remember.  I skipped one at the beginning of the year and then they were coming 2/3 wks apart.  Then went to every 5 weeks and then in November I had my last one.  They were due on Xmas day, but never showed up.  That is when the hot flushes started and night sweats.  This went on until end of January.  The symptoms were very severe and when I ovulated at the end of January, it all stopped and I felt normal for 2 weeks.  However, my period didn't show up, just all the symptoms that I usually get:  spots, sore breasts, sore nipples, bloating lower stomach and back pain.  Some of the symptoms went and some are still here.  My breasts are sore and and enlarged. I'm crying at the drop of a hat, terrible feelings of impending doom, anger rages... you name it, I've got it.  I am due to have my levels checked tomorrow, although I did have them checked 6 months ago and they were normal, so we'll see if things have changed.  I really feel like I can't put up with this for much longer, as I am so low and really negative thoughts keep entering my head.

Any advice/support appreciated!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause Symptoms and new to the site
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:31:04 PM »

:welcomemm:    :hug:  blood tests are reliably unreliable  ::) so make a list of your symptoms and go through them with your GP.

Don't take any negativity as GPs are keen to promote anti-depressive medication rather than HRT.  Read the menus - left of screen - we have no taboos here and there is a search button top left to see if other ladies have similar questions to your own.

It is 'the change' so you will experience lots of weird feelings and symptoms ……… keep posting!

mandy43

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:01:37 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply.  I did go through all the symptoms, but was initially told I'm too young for this at 43?  So she wanted to test the hormones again.  My main confusion is that I definitely ovulated last month, I know the symptoms, yet no period.  Wondering if its possible to feel all the ovulation pain but not release an egg?>

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

No one is too young for peri-menopause  ::) ……… if it helps your GP then let her do the tests again but talk with her: or the Practice Nurse?
Yep it is possible to have pre-menstrual symptoms without a bleed.  Nuisance  :( to have all those feelings and wonder whether it is going to start: or not.

I didn't stop carrying protection until 5 years after my last period  ::)

Many GPs have these feelings that women are 'too young' or 'depressed' and not hormonally headed towards menopause  :bang: :bang: :bang:  ……… you can ask to be referred to a Gynea or ask where your nearest menopause clinic is if you don't get any 'joy' !

Have you found our smilies yet  :whist: and we have a humorous room too:

mandy43

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »

thanks again, no I haven't.  I'm going to get familiar with the site over the weekend and I may have my results back by then, so may be a bit clearer about all this :)

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »

Hi Mandy - just wanted to say  :welcomemm:

Taz x

Wombat

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »

Hi
Finding this site really was the best thing to come out of meno.  Everyone very very helpful
Welcome to the club xx

mandy43

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »

Thanks ladies for the welcome!!