Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: pms symptoms  (Read 3470 times)

lancashirelass

pms symptoms
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »

I went into suspected early meno after a hyst three years ago at 39 I had one ovary left which showed signs of failing and my FHS level was taken several times to confirm this.  I have been using Sandrena and Vagifem for the last 18 months.  I am finding increasingly at a certain time that I get severe pms symptoms and have crashing tiredness.  I have just been tested for thyroid and had a full hormone profile done so waiting for the results. 

I'm wondering if I might need progesterone have been tested but I've read if you are higher in oestrogen it can give you similar symptoms.  Has anyone else had progesterone when they have had a hyst?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: pms symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »

:welcomemm:  I do wish that ladies were given info before surgery  :cuss: - have a read, menus left of screen and I'm sure someone will be along with more info later!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »

Hi lancashirelass

:welcomemm: from me too.

Your pms symptoms are most likely due to your own hormonal fluctuations - from the remaining ovary - and these may well continue until it packs up completely.

As you are so young your tiredness could be due either to insufficient oestrogen ( it doesn't cause tiredness), a possible underactive thyroid (which you are being tested for), or it could also be lack of testosterone - much of which is produced in the ovaries. Lack of this also affects libido so if this is the case with you then that would indicate low T.

What dose of Sandrena are you using per day?

It is not usual to take progesterone after a hysterectomy because it is only needed in large quantities to thin the lining of the uterus. Although small amounts are needed by the body for other functions, this is synthesised elsewhere (adrenal glands).

Hurdity x

lancashirelass

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »

im on 1.5/2 sachets been told that's the highest i can go by gp. 

lancashirelass

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »

im having to have weekly bloods done my estrogen was 500 my progesterone was only 7.  thyroid apparently ok but only tsh result which is not the full picture.  after i have several sets of results have to see my gynae again.  think i may end up having the ovary out as i can't have combined pill as im on bp med.  I've heard they can give you strong estrogen patches to combat pms have read about it.  has anyone else tried this?

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »

You can use a combined HRT even if you are on blood pressure pills. A transdermal route is best I think but I know there are ladies on the forum using both.

Maybe start a new topic and you will get some more information and experiences from that.

Honeyb
x