Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Dry mouth and sore eyes  (Read 2574 times)

donkeyontheedge

Dry mouth and sore eyes
« on: February 22, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »

Good morning ladies.  This is my first post so I hope I've posted in the correct place.  I have recently been diagnosed as peri, although my doc only took one blood test and didn't seem very interested when I went back for the results.  He just said "well what du expect"  This was done in Nov and when I recently went back to ask for another blood test as I'm getting SO worried about the symptoms I'm experiencing, was told "well they won't do another test as you only had one last Nov.  Sorry, I'm rabbiting but not had a good week.  One of my newest symptoms is an absolutely awful dry mouth which I've had all week and then yesterday my eyes starting drying out and aching/burning.  It was so bad and after my rejection from the doc, I decided to visit my dentist.  He checked my saliva flow and said it was all good and that I was just suffering from a chemically induced anxiety!!!  Anyway, when I went to the chemist to collect my prescription for my artificial saliva and nasal spray the Pharmacist strongly advised me to see my GP as she said that I was showing classic signs of Sjogrens Syndrome.  Well that just about sent me over the edge and then I discovered that I couldn't even cry as my eyes were too dry. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Taz2

Re: Dry mouth and sore eyes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »

I've replied under your other post donkeyontheedge and, funnily enough, Sjogrens was the first thing I thought of!

Taz x  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »

Just read both your posts. Can you see a different doctor in practice? If not, and you don't feel up to being assertive take someone with you into your appointment. I did when I wasn't well and it made all the difference. Best wishes, Ju Ju

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »

Shall we keep this on one thread?   ;) otherwise we will all get lost ……. another meno symptom  ::)