Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: not coping  (Read 4941 times)

charlieangel159

not coping
« on: February 21, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »

I have just been sent home from work after bursting in to tears again! I cant concentrate and feel so emotional and depressed. I have never felt so awful or cried so much  :'(

Taz2

Re: not coping
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »

Have a hug charlieangel  :bighug:

Hopefully your HRT will kick in soon. Of course you are struggling to cope after all you have had done. Be kind to yourself this weekend.

Taz x

charlieangel159

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 04:54:25 PM »

Thanks taz. I dont no if to have a couple of weeks off work or if that might make depression worse. I wish there was an easy solution!! X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »

Are you being treated for depression charlieangel?  Sorry if I've missed that!

Taz x

Suzyq

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »

Trying to work while you feel so bad will only stress you out more I think. Ask your doctor for a sick note so that you can get back on an even keel. For occasional use - those days where you just can't cope, I have ativan which helps me a lot. Did your doctor not consider something short-term like that to help you through??

JJ

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »

Charlieangel, perhaps it would be best to take at least a week off whilst you feel so bad, it's just putting more pressure on you, you need down time, with as little stress as possible , what would you recommend if it was a good friend x

charlieangel159

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »

Thanks, went to drs, been signed off for 2 weeks

Suzyq, whats ativan please?

Taz2 not being treated for depression, i wasnt doing too bad with things but the past week or so i seem to have got worse!

Suzyq

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 08:37:04 PM »

It's similar to diazepam but very short acting so doesn't stay in your blood stream! Lasts for about 8 hours - doesn't zonk me out or anything, just makes me feel normal! I use it very occasionally but it is ok for short term use and has saved my life literally on a few occasions. You had your op very recently, so just know that things will get better. Allow yourself some time to recover.

babypink2807

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:23:43 AM »

I hope you feel better soon, feeling low isn't great but you know that you can with a little help and support come through what you feel is never ending.  Even little works and fresh air, or something sill like a bit of shopping, or even baking!  Yes baking I started when I was off and would build my day around it, get a bath, do my hair, choose my clothes, go to store, take it steady round the store, make my purchased.  Come home have a cuppa, read my recipe and then start.  Sounds daft but it was setting a goal, all be it a small one it was worth while

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 07:00:46 PM »

I feel like I was almost loosing my mind this week, went to the gps twice in one day, hubby got really worried but I survived just. I have become best friends with my iPhone I plug myself in and listen to meditation music and it really helps, deep breathing and really concentrate on each breath, and constantly telling myself this is a phase and will pass. God only knows when though. ;D