Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: awful month  (Read 3263 times)

kazy68

awful month
« on: February 19, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »

Hi all,
I will start with January, my period started on the 6th with the awful brown stuff you get only on wiping (sorry for tmi) then the full period came on the 9th until the 14th ,had a great month, few aches and pains here and there but on the whole felt great, until, my next period came a week early, flooding from day 1, couldn't move, couldn't even go to the shops for fear of getting in a mess, this lasted for 5 days and went as quickly as it came thankfully, bus the whole month has been awful, aching _ike I have never ached before, sweats at night are worse than ever, bad mood doesn't bare thinking about , I have taken to saying sorry to everyone when I open my eyes in a morning just in case I upset them throughout the day (I will not apologise if I am in the middle of a moody ) i have had stomach cramps evey single day like another period is about to start, but the worse thing has been the dreaded fuzzy head, I have only had about 3 days so far when I can say my head has felt like it belongs to me , I have had dizzy days, head ache days, pain zapping days, and basicly just THOSE days , I have taken the normal paracetamol, or anadin and they have got me through the day, but I feel there is no end in sight, I never thought I would will a period to start but I can not wait for the next one to arrive in the hope that all this will go away and I will have a better month next month.

I don't post often but I do pop in every few days to see how ppl are and how they are coping , I just needed to tell someone how I was was feeling and knew my online buddies would understand.

So so sorry for long rant but i had to get it out.

From a rather emotional Karen
Xxxxx

Yvie168

Re: awful month
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »

:'(
Oh Kazy! You poor thing! It's not good to feel so helpless/hopeless!
My coil means I don't have those kinds of problems, just the menopause stuff, and trying to adapt to HRT
I hope your month improves
How come we have to put up with all this stuff?
(((hugs)))

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

:hug:  if periods continue heavy with clots ask your GP for something to ease them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:36:44 PM by CLKD »

Bo Snow

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »

Oh poor you! I totally understand. I never had the heavy period thing so I was lucky that way, but I can sympathise with all the other symptoms you have Kazy. Like Yvie says 'How come we have to put up with this stuff?' it's sooo unfair!!
Sending big hugs and hope you feel better  :) x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

Hi Kazy

Sorry can't remember what your circumstances are. I take it you are not on HRT. You should visit your GP to get your bloods done and make sure you are not aneamic. There is medication you can take to stop these heavy bleeds.

Honeyb
x

kazy68

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies,

Yvie, I have been thinking of the coil now for a while, but on reading up about it I'm not sure, so many horror stories about it scares me to death lol (I am a wuss) , but I am seriously thinking about it,

CLKD, I have an appointment with gp for next Tuesday I will have to ask for something can't be going on like this,

Go Snow, sorry you are going through the same hun , I do hope you feel much better soon,

Honeybun, I am peri have been for a while hun, don't take hrt at the min but seriously looking into it, I will have a good talk with gp when I see him next week and ask for bloods, I am due my yearly bloods any way so will get it all done at the same time.

Today hasn't been to bad I have kept pretty busy, but upon resting all the aches and pains are settling in for the night  :'( dread going to bed.

Hope you all have a good night

Sending hugs
Karen
Xxx

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 10:30:51 PM »

Hot water bottle at the ready and some paracetamol/ibuprofen. Mind you I remember what I was like before hysterectomy, paracetamol didn't touch the pain.  It was constant 24/7. I only had a few good days a month.

If only men knew exactly how it feels to be us!