Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3am and feeling grim.  (Read 8524 times)

Joyce

Re: 3am and feeling grim.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 04:10:42 PM »

A drop in centre would be a good idea, one I've often thought should be encouraged. It's getting available space thats the problem. Most community centres want paid for hire of a hall.

Good you've got  GP who listens. Hope you feel the benefits soon.

Bo Snow

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

This drop in centre thing has been on my mind for a while. It'd be great for women to have somewhere to go and chat and get advice - albeit just a pointer maybe in the right direction and connect with others in the same boat. It's way too easy to feel isolated and scared with meno symptoms.
May be a project in my retirement  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »

Along with your Practice Nurse and perhaps a GP ………..

(Venlafaxine type AD then ……….. new to the market)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:35:31 PM by CLKD »

Galadriel

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »

Hi Bo Snow,

This is one subject I know quite well - been on it twice in the past for generalised anxiety disorder.

It works on Noradrenaline and Seratonine receptors so really helps with anxiety. Please, please, please always take it with food otherwise you will feel nauseous.

So, like most ADs, they take their time to get into the system and start working so be patient, I know it's hard but it is worth it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »

Hope you get on ok at doctor's. I remember how I felt a few years back when I took an HRT break. I'd be on here at 2 in the morning sometimes. We've all been made aware of potential problems with HRT, but why suffer. I chose quality of life as I was so miserable & I didn't work. I'm amazed at those on here who still manage to work through all the horrid symptoms.
Pages: 1 [2]