Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: another newbie  (Read 1750 times)

porcia

another newbie
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »

Hi guys.
I thought i would join this group as iv had yet another trip to my gp without any help .
I am 42 years old and 5 years ago i was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid,i am taking thyroxine for this and have regular blood tests and they are in range,iv also just had a full blood count done and liver and kidney as i was complaining of tiredness and i was tested for diabetes all are normal.
Lats year they did a fsh test and that came back in normal range also.
I have been referred to urology next month as i have been going through a bout of on/of uti,s for the past 2 years,although only now and again a uti would show positive.
I have also been referred to a gynocologist  as last year when i complained that everytime i had sex with my husband i was having pain a day later and there seemed to be a heavy vaginal discharge for a few days later.
The gp informed me that i had an erosion on my cervix,i am also up to date on all my smears to.
I have been having worsening pms symptoms for the past 2 years,trouble sleeping even though i go to bed at 9.00-9.30pm,waking up mostly through the night,nighmares and sometimes when i wake up i feel my cheeks flushing.
Anxiety is pretty bad and depression is to.
My hair has gone dry and if im at home or in the car and the temperature is mild i am sweating and i feel cold to.
My periods are sometime on time or mostly early but as of today im now 4 days late.
I have had headaches on and of and palpitations and really painful neck and shoulder tension.
I have been taking iron tablets from my gp as i did have low iron levels.
i tend to find my concentration isnt as good as what it was and i have this empty feeling inside and a feeling as if im lost hmmmm its rather strange.
I just wanted to say "hi " to you all and im hopful that i can understand a bit better what is going on xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: another newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:39:34 PM »

:welcomemm:

read the menu  - left of screen
You may well have the start of Vaginal atrophy - do a search an d you will see the threads relative - it is possible that your continued UTIs are VA!
Your symptoms seem pretty much 'within normal limits' - if you do searches for your various symptoms you will see that you are not alone!

lubylou

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »

:welcomemm: you will find lots of information and support here
Lubylou

porcia

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »

Thank you ladies will have a good look around the site now xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »