Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie with a question  (Read 2096 times)

Quartz

Newbie with a question
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »

Hello everyone :-)

I've been lurking for a while as a guest.

I'm approaching 50 and appear to have been dabbling with the menopause for about a year now - occasional missed periods and the occasional hot flush at night.  just before Christmas the flushes started to be more frequent and I haven't had a period since the end of October.

For the last two weeks I've had various amounts of clear discharge, but it doesn't seem to be stopping.  Is this something I should worry about?  The flushes seemed to stop around the time the discharge started.  Related?

Grateful for any advice.

Jo

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie with a question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:48:12 PM »

:welcomemm:  if the discharge is non-offensive, remains clear and you don't itch, I would watch and wait.  The body does all kinds of odd things  >:( - it's not called 'the change' for nowt …….

Have a read of the menus, left of screen.  My periods waxed and waned for 2 years before they stopped  ::)

Quartz

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:45:16 PM »

So far it's clear and non-itchy. If anything changes I will make an appointment to see my doctor.

Thanks for your help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

Browse round. Ask away.  Use the 'search' button for queries. 

Tm666uk

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »

Hiya , I'm new here too and only 44 I haven't had a period since Dec , my Doctor did blood tests and diagnosed menopause as I was having hot flushes and not sleeping , the hot flushes have stopped this week but past 2 days I've had a sore period feeling tummy and today had a clear discharge !!
Wondered what it was to  :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »

Hi and Welcome Tm666uk
If your GP diagnosed you as menopausal did he/she not recommend HRT? 44 is far too young to be missing any oestrogen and you need it to protect your bones and heart.
Do read all the info under the headings to the left of this screen - dip into some of the existing threads - then start your own thread with questions.
You are probably peri meno so meno symptoms will come and go for a while as your hormones fluctuate.  Did the dr do a blood test to check your FSH level?
We're here to support you. You are not alone.  DG x

Tm666uk

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »

Hiya DG I'm going back to Dr she said to go back in a month so will go in next couple weeks , found the forum and help invaluable . I now know what I will be asking for as I still have the coil in I will be asking for a oestrogen pump :) . She did blood tests said levels should be 11 mine were 24/27 whatever that means I have a thread somewhere in newbies . Thank you for your support x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:06:22 PM »

So your FSH was raised - this means your ovaries are struggling to produce hormones. If you still have a Mirena you will just need some Oestrogel which I used for most of my peri and post meno stages.  You can start with just one pump per day and increase if necessary to help reduce meno symptoms. I never needed more than 2 pumps per day.
Good luck  Dg x