Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New be  (Read 3076 times)

flipflop50

New be
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »

Hi, I have come onto this website following Patsy Kensit's interview on 'This Morning'.  I had a hyst in Nov'2011, after suffering for 6 years with abdominal pain and heavy bleeding. Since having my hsyt, I bleed for 2-3 days each month (strange I here you say  ???) and still suffer with a lot of abdominal pain. I was referred back to the hospital last year and after further investigation it was discovered I have Endometriosis in the vagina (my own GP suspected this in the beginning). I am now being referred back to the hospital, as the bleeding is getting heavy again. I have also noticed over the last several months, that I have had the following symptoms: lack of sleep, fatigue, joint/muscle ache, dry mouth, lack of concentration, loss of sex drive, but also I have been getting a lot of colds (3 within 12 weeks). I feel I have lost my drive for everything, but feel very skeptical about going to the doc's and seeking advice about HRT because of the possible side-affects.

Any advice would be welcomed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:45:55 PM by flipflop50 »

Dancinggirl

Re: New be
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »

Hello and Welcome flipflop 50
What a rotten time you're having.  Soak up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen.  You've been listening to all the scares about side effects and risks - once you are better informed you can make more positive decisions about HRT. Talk to the doctors when you go back to the hospital to sort out the endometriosis and see if they would advice some oestrogen - possibly Oestrogel or patches to help with the meno symptoms. In the mean time, a good iron tonic and vitamin D might be a good idea to help with the fatigue.
Keep us posted about your progress. Good luck  Dg x

mamakaren

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »

Hello Flipflop 50,  :welcomemm:

I completely understand the feeling of not wanting to go to your Dr. and ask for HRT. The only thing I can say to you is don't let your symptoms get to bad. You just have to decide if your syptoms are extreme enough for you to benefit from HRT! Don't suffer needlessly though!

This is a great forum and you will find lots of advice from woman who have decided for or against HRT! It's a personal choice and can be a tough one to make. The info can be confusing!

Good luck!

Karen

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »

:welcomemm:

flipflop50

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I appreciate any advice and since posting on the forum, I have read more messages and the headings and have taken the plunge and made an appointment to see the Nurse at my surgery on Monday to discuss my options. I really don't want to carry on feeling like this and want to get back to my old self. I have also spoken with my husband when he came home from work and he also agrees I should go back to the doctors - I'm very lucky, he is supportive.

Dancing girl - I will go to the health food shop tomorrow for the iron tonic and vitamin D - thank you  :)

Will keep you posted.

Flipflop50 xx