Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Night sweats and aches  (Read 4868 times)

Flossiemac

Night sweats and aches
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »

Hi All

Been suffering with night sweats, waking every couple of hours sweating. Added to that I dont sleep too good as I've been getting neck and back ache when I'm in bed  ::) Not sure if that the menopause or I need a new mattress  ;D
Dont really want to go on HRT unless I really have to, anyone any suggestions as whats best to help with the night sweats ? Only get an occasional hot flush in the day, periods still pretty regular but a lot lighter than normal .

Thanks

Fiona

Maryjane

Re: Night sweats and aches
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »

Hi . I am not an expert at all but all I will say is I have had to go on vaginal oestrogen, and I really didn't want to but my life quality of life was starting to become miserable, and being without sleep is the pits. So I would think seriously about HRT especially if you drive as lack of sleep from the flushes could be dangerous when driving, my friend fell asleep at the wheel and went onto HRT for a short while to get her over the worst.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »

Unfortunately the only thing that will stop sweats and flushes is HRT.

You can have a look at alternate remedies on the green menu left of screen.

Honeyb
x

lubylou

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »

There is loads of info on this site including threads about managing without HRT and using HRT I can only talk from personal experience but HRT was the only thing that helped the hot nights!
Lubylou

anna123

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »

Hi
I can only speak for myself but last year I started sleeping very badly plus sweating in the night. I woke most morning with headaches and backaches. I bought new pillows, mattress, had massages yet nothing helped .I saw my doc who said I was depressed. I wasn't depressed just annoyed at sleeping badly! Anyway she ran blood tests and it was menopause-at 38  I was not expecting that at all. since going on HRT my headaches and backache have gone, I sleep well each night and sweats have stopped. I would never want to go back  to that.

Sarah2

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 06:48:44 PM »

Poor sleep and hourly flushes were the thing that drove me to HRT- I didn't try anything herbal because there is no scientific evidence any really work. I had also made all the lifestyle changes I could, and was still no further forward.

Is there any reason why you feel wary of HRT? It might help to look at the risks and benefits 'scales' on the menu on the left.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 07:29:47 PM »

HRT really is only thing which works for flushes & sweats. I tried several alternatives, but after 8 months off HRT, I was very relieved to be put back on it again. I had countless flushes & sweats day & night. Sleep was virtually nonexistent, emotions shot.

Mrs January

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »

Hey

HRT has really helped me with flushes and moods..... I also sleep wholly on my back and put lavender on my pillow...works for me xxx

meno lesley

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »

When all my meno symptoms started suddenly one of them was a deep bone pain whichever way I laid in bed. I'm on hrt now and most of the time I do not have it now.

Lesley x