Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: another is this normal  (Read 2651 times)

sue23

another is this normal
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »

Hi I am still having a slight discharge now and again, even thought I have had blood tests which comfirm I am menopausal, I am on no hormone treatment, I don't feel dry down below at all so surely I am still ovulating that's why no hormone treatment suits me,  :-\

honeybun

Re: another is this normal
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »

Have you always had this. I could always tell when I was ovulating but as my hormones declined it became less. It was only at one point in the month.
Have you been tested for infection?

Honeyb
x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »

sue23 - what kind of discharge? Where are you in your meno stage? If you are still peri you may well be ovulating occasionally. If your discharge is clear and not smelly I wouldn't worry tooooo much.  Just enjoy that fact you aren't feeling dry yet - that joy is yet to arrive!!!!
If you tried HRT you may have been given the wrong ones ( possible too high a dose) and your hormones fluctuate during peri meno anyway.
Read through all the info in the lists to the left of the screen to find out more.  We're all here to help so ask us questions.
Dg x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:09:17 AM »

As dancinggirl says you could still be ovulating occasionally. It often goes to every other month. One ovary packs up before the other in a lot of cases. This is the reason why contraception has to be continued for two years after your last period if you are under 50 and one year after the last period if you are over 50 I think.

Taz x

Sarah2

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »

We are supposed to have some discharge- it's when it stops that we need help!
I don't think you can judge accurately the stage of meno by discharge. some women get very dry during peri when they are still ovulating.

Another thing to consider is that one blood test ( if that is what you had) is not accurate.

When I saw my consultant the first time he ran blood tests and told me I was post meno. I laughed ( nicely) because I was still having fairly regular periods and continued to have periods for another 18 months.

I wasn't seeing him for meno at the time- that came later- so HRT wasn't an issue otherwise he'd have run more tests.

What do you think you want to to now?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:19:39 AM by Sarah2 »