Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Weight gain  (Read 3561 times)

Wombat

Weight gain
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »

??? Hello ladies,  I seem to be having carb and sugar cravings and putting on a few un needed extra pounds.  Has anyone else experienced this, and has anything other than major dose of Will power helped???

Thanks
Xxxx

Joyce

Re: Weight gain
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:18:16 PM »

I allow myself some chocolate each day, but in moderation. It takes a while to adjust to less goodies, but in the end it is willpower.  Think we reach for these things to cheer ourselves up, but instead we add the extra pounds & feel guilty. A little of what you fancy does no harm.  :)

mamakaren

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:18:29 AM »

I agree with cubagirl. I allow myself to have a bit of whatever it is I'm craving. And of course there are days when I'm miserable and end up eating more than I should. I always try to get in some exercise to because it always helps my moods. I still have put on some weight but I figure that  with everything our bodies go through we deserve a little treat!

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 06:57:54 AM »

Five months ago I went cold turkey and gave up ALL cake, biscuits,crisps and chocolate,and upped my exercise. When I get that craving I have a square of 95% dark chocolate and that stops the craving straight away. I got through Christmas and did not have one naughty, I measured my waste yesterday and have lost 1/12", and I was the biggest chocoholic out there. :)

libby1

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »

I'm having this problem too. Addicted to anything sweet  ::)  I crave sweet things as soon as I get up in the morning, biscuits in particular  ;D

Libby
x

nicros

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »

Hi, yes I have noticed that I am a lot more hungry than I used to be and I am craving chocolate and sweet things since being on hrt, am trying to moderate it but its hard, good luck x

Wombat

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »

::)thank you all, I guess I will try to exercise more to try to balance it. I like the idea of a square of dark chocolate - better than a family bag of maltesers  ;D

Just so glad to be able to share.  Thanks xxxx

Dana

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »

Problem is I can't stop at just one square. I love dark choc.