Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Diagnosis cleared up eventually  (Read 3922 times)

smudgy14

Diagnosis cleared up eventually
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »

Hi there, I am sending this post to let the lovely  ladies who have been kind enough to reply to me and given invaluable advice and saved my sanity on many times an update after my hospital appointment on the 18th dec.I had been given a borderline diagnosis in May after a hysterectomy to remove ovaries with two large tumours in each and abnormal cells in my womb momentum and fluid in pelvic area ,but after a few visits to local doctors there seemed to be confusion as they thought I had had a malignancy ,so was told to ask direct questions when went to hospital.This is the latest, yes I had tumours and abnormal cells which were not normal but luckily were caught in time before turned to cancer so I have been very very lucky ,I found out my cervix removed as well so now have a vaginal vault (sounds wonderful) ,no one knows if anything will come back I just have to be vigilant and am getting checks done every 6 months for 3 years at least ,even though I feel I dodged a bullet and was all a bit to close for comfort I have been given the best Christmas present ever.I think it will take a while to sink in and I have just wanted to sleep since Wednesday which I found weird ?. I have been told I still have a good few months recovery to go so just be careful and not over do it ,so that my trip to Everest out the window ::).So now just have the joy of menopause to carry on with and that is the gift that keeps giving ,I am losing track of weird things happening and none of them a joy ,I am sure some of my marbles have rolled of never to be seen again ! I would like to thank you all for your kind words and will continue to keep posting to keep in touch I would be lost without you all.May each and every one of you and your families have the merriest of Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2014  :D (least I saved on a Christmas jumper this year ,at last a benefit to flushes haha) ;D.

bramble

Re: Diagnosis cleared up eventually
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:12 PM »

Congratulations to you. This must be such a relief to you, no wonder you are tired - anxiety can be so draining. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2014!

Bramble

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »

Good news! Have a great Christmas & a happy & healthy New Year!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

Wonderful news smudgy. Have a great (if hot and sweaty  ;D) Christmas and a fabulous 2014.

Taz x  :foryou: :foryou:

jgr

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »

That's great news. have a wonderful Christmas.  :)

smudgy14

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »

Thanks ladies ,no doubt be back on just for a natter it helps so much to talk to someone going through the same things you all keep me sane  ::).I hope Santa is good to each and everyone of you ,I am sure he will as you have all been very very good girls ,I will think of you all as I have a cheeky tipple on Christmas Day  have a very merry Christmas and an even better 2014. :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »

:thankyou:  for the update with such Good News!  Will you need any precautionary chemo or is it a 'watch and wait' situation?

You will sleep.  After appendectomy in 1991 I felt great, 7 days later the anaesthetic caught up and I slept for 2 days  ::) ....... little steps  ;)

Keeping a diary might help, so that you have a firm idea and don't forget anything you might see as 'unusual'.  If in doubt give the Consultant's secretary a ring for advice or an earlier appt..  Also, Ovacome can be a very useful Charity to be in contact with  ;)

:tulips2:

smudgy14

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »

Hi clkd thanks for your post I am on a wait and see and if anything I worried about just see local Dr and be referred back and I will be seen quickly at least getting checked every 6 months for 3 years approx,so I just have to get mind sorted that I had a close call but then not dwell on it and not panic at slightest ache and pain just have to be positive and get on with it,I will have a look on website you mentioned.I hope you had a lovely Christmas and 2014 is happy and healthy. ;D