Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Another newbie!!  (Read 2734 times)

Anita

Another newbie!!
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »

Hi

I recently had my ovaries and tubes removed due to an increased risk of ovarian cancer. I am 42. Within 3 days I was in surgical menopause and I am finding it really difficult to deal with the night sweats in particular. My consultant is reluctant to give me HRT due to the oestrogen and connection to breast cancer as I am also high risk for that. Looking for some advice on what alternative remedies are out there and what actually works?

Thanks in advance.

Taz2

Re: Another newbie!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 05:05:53 PM »

Hi Anita - just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

I can't advise on alternatives to HRT as I've never tried any but there is info in the menu on the left of the screen about different therapies.

You will find lots of support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

andius

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 01:36:54 AM »

Why are you high risk for breast cancer?

Andius

smudgy14

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

Hi there ,I have just turned 49 and I had a full hysterectomy and other bits removed in May after tumours and abnormal cells found (luckily just had full results and all was borderline so caught In time)the menopause is horrid I have had few symptoms flushes,sweats ,garbled speech , memory problems which my husband says I had before the cheek if him! Words coming out back to front or totally wrong ,mood swings and weepiness ,oh arnt we soooo lucky  to get this natures gift !! .I can not take hurt either due to a paternal aunt having breast cancer and my close call ,so I am taking multi vitamins ,evening primrose oil and fish oil capsules and am going to try a lady care menopause magnet (hey when you desperate you try anything) also buy lots of fans and have in your bag,bedside,car and every room if need be least people know what to take back from their hols  ::) .Also the ladies on this site are great and you never feel alone always someone ready to tell you that you are not going totally insane ,no matter how large or small your problem may be get on and post and hopefully you will get help,advice as well and sometimes just having other people going through the same thing to talk to can be the biggest help.Get in touch any time you want a natter I be more than happy to keep in touch. :) merry Christmas to you and your family.