Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 3284 times)

Londongirl

Finally!
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »

Hi Ladies...........

Just a little update.

Some of you know I have had some low moods/depression whilst on Femoston Conti and also some face rashes which the doctor says is urticaria.

Well finally I have seen a doctor who is referring me to a menopause clinic! 

Went to see a doctor at my surgery and I said I can't go on like this, low/high moods, monthly bleeds etc and now urticaria so I asked about creams instead of tablets and as they don't seem that up on HRT at my surgery she is happy to refer me to a clinic! 

At last!  A sign of relief here and thanks to you all for your constant support and help. 

Anna

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »

Let us know where and how you get on!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:06 PM »

Londongirl - you sound like a good candidate for a Patch or Oestrogel with either a Mirena coil or Utrogestan (bio-identical progesterone).
I've had a Mirena for the last 4 and half years and apart from spotting in the first few months I've not had any PMT or other progesterone related problems. I've been using Oestrogel for the oestrogen part for years and it's great because you can adjust the amount till you find the dose that suits you - start low and increase gradually, if need be, till you feel good and then maintain.
Look up all the info under HRT Preparations before you go to the clinic. 
Good luck. DG x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 10:36:37 PM »

That's good news indeed. Pity it's taken you a while, but at least someone at your surgery is on the ball & is referring you.