Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Stopping Elleste Solo  (Read 5155 times)

Kimberly1603

Stopping Elleste Solo
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:46 PM »

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but would appreciate your advice. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and have been on Elleste Solo 2 mg reducing to 1mg three months ago as advised by GP.  I feel really well on it with no side effects whatsoever. She wants me to stop in a couple of months.  I am starting to get flushes at night (following reducing to 1mg).   I have heard about Serenity Progesterone cream - would this help my symptoms.  Also on reading this forum there is plenty of evidence to support staying on Elleste particularly as it is oestrogen only.  Any advice/experience out there?  I am 57. Thank you in advance.

Taz2

Re: Stopping Elleste Solo
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »

Hi Kimberly - just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Has your GP told you why she wants you to stop? Lots of women continue to 60 and after that there can be a bit of a battle to continue - it seems a shame to miss out on three years of feeling good.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Kimberly1603

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:08:13 PM »

Hi there, she just said that after this amount of time I should think about trying to stop due to risks getting higher the longer I stay on.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »

Hi Kimberley

:welcomemm: from me too

I am 60 and I am continuing with hRT. The current thinking is that it is a woman's choice how long to stay on it - if there are no other health issues, and if the risks are explained (after 60).

Patches are thought better if you want to stay on it long term and as you don't need progestogen this makes things much easier.

Read up as much as you can about it and then ask to change to a patch eg 50 mcg?

My flushes returned when I tried to reduce my patch from 50 mcg to 37.5 mcg and that is a very  small reduction. The doc agree I could go back onto 50 mcg and I am happy!

There are various threads going on at the moment about staying on HRT so have a browse around and see what you think.

Good luck!

Hurdity x