Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OCD and Menopause  (Read 18396 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: OCD and Menopause
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »

I used to lay holiday clothing on the spare bed at least 3 weeks before a trip  ::) in case panic overtook me and I was unable to face going into that room never mind thinking about clothing  :-\  ....... the dog's case was easy: towels, towels, lead and more towels  ;),  I had tohide DH's T-shirts otherwise he would wear them the day before our trip then wonder why they weren't packed  ;D

I also make lists .......... otherwise my brain hurts trying to remember stuff  :(

littleminnie

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »

I always get my clothes out the night before if I am in work the next day, if I'm not I don't bother.
I always, always have a list when I'm going on holiday. I start getting things out a couple of weeks before but don't actually pack until a couple of days before.  I love it when I'm organised, makes me feel good.   :)

Dyan

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »

If I know I've got to go somewhere in the evening I always get my clothes out ready the day before,sometimes a few days before. ::)
I do lists too and I have a notepad beside the bed because if I think of anything at night that I must remember to do I can then write it down and it will be there in the morning.
Saves tossing and turning and having a bad night.
I need my sleeps ;)
Otherwise,like you CLKD,my brain becomes fuddled  :o trying to store everything up.

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 04:25:51 PM »

I'm the opposite in that if I put my clothes out ready this means that I am confident that the day will go ahead and then that little whatever it is which lurks ready to pounce.. will pounce... and scupper all my plans! I'm working hard on beating it though so do try to optimistically organise things in advance a bit more.

Taz x

bev567901

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »

Taz its funny that it can be thought of in two ways. You don't put them out just in case, I can understand that. Sometimes I don't put my dirty clothes (not really dirty) in the washing basket until the next morning just in case I have to make a quick getaway in the middle of the night.......to where?  Ok if I was at Ronald McDonald House & my daughter was on a hospital ward but at home??  We don't get tornadoes, lava, avalanches in Cheshire....yet  ;D   

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »

I found that if I packed too early I would forget what was in the case  ;D

Dancinggirl

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 04:33:03 PM »

I tell you what I am getting OCD about - this website.
Constantly checking to see the latest posts etc.  - so absorbing! :peace:
DG x

bev567901

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »

:rofl:

Tingly

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »

When i used to go on holiday i used to put post it notes on husbands clothing ie a sticker on his trousers would say"week 1 wednesday and week 2 friday"!!!! (With reference when to wear them)
 > ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fortunately i couldnt care less anymore about anything!!

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »

When M in L was ill we got used to living out of a suitcase ......... packing suddenly before dashing to the Hospital  :-\

So I am less worried about packing these days.  However .........

stroppy_mama

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »

I'm the opposite in that if I put my clothes out ready this means that I am confident that the day will go ahead and then that little whatever it is which lurks ready to pounce.. will pounce... and scupper all my plans!

Taz I have a very similar thing - one thing I have always done which drives DH mad is putting question marks next to things in the diary. It's like if I don't put a question mark, something will go wrong and the event won't happen, whether it's ballet lessons or an evening out or a holiday - if I put it in the diary without a ? then I am being over confident and something will happen to take me down a peg or two. 

What's that all about!!  I have definitely definitely got more obsessed about tidying too. I put it down to having two small kids that are quite messy but now I'm wondering if it's related to hormonal activity...
Pages: 1 [2]