News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3641 times)

Christine

Hi
« on: November 01, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »

Hi All

Am hoping to find some support & friendship here. Aged 50 last period in Feb this year. Not on HRT since then (they stopped when I stopped HRT).

Christine :)

bev567901

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

Hi Christene, Welcome from another 50 year old. Hope you can get lots of help here. How did you manage to get HRT prescribed?   Are you well in yourself at the moment? Bev x

SueM

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »

Hello from a newbie who hit 50 exactly a month to the date!

Sue xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »

Hi and Welcome SueM and Christine :welcomemm:
Good to have you on board.  You are both young to be without some oestrogen. How are you coping without HRT ?
Dg x

Christine

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 04:46:56 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl

I felt it quite badly for the first 2 months off it, but ok now....although I suppose I shouldn't speak too soon :)

Christine

Christine

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »

Sorry Sue & Bev, I didn't see your replies..

Bev, I had it prescribed to me last summer, but I seemed to get worse on it, so my GP took me off it in Feb this yr.

Christine

SueM

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »

I suffer with high blood pressure so my drs a bit undecided on prescribing it to me............

Sue xx

bev567901

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

Christene, what symptoms did you have that got it you. Was it a blood test? I can't get it & I want it. Also how did it make you worse? sorry you are new & I am asking you advice. I am newish so thats my excuse. I have been given benzos and an anti depressant after months of going downhill after my periods started going erratic in the New Year.
You will get lots of support & help here & will find someone going through the exact same thing as yourself. Bev x

Christine

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »

Hi Bev

My GP prescribed it to me from my symptoms - anxiety, insomnia, low mood...anxiety being the worst of all for me.

Also sent me for the blood test anyway, which showed I was in peri-meno.

But it didn't suit me after a few months. felt good at first.

Christine

andius

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 07:57:37 AM »

Welcome Christine:

You said it was a little difficult for a few months when you stopped HRT?  Why did you stop it and what symptoms did you have before and after you stopped that are now not so troublesome?

Andius