Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: feeling dreadful  (Read 165337 times)

Maryjane

Re: feeling dreadful
« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »

Just wondering if " Mags" is ok as she hasn't posted for a few weeks. I am heading into the feeling dreadful thread to. My get up and go has got up and gone and it's my mind that is completely controlling me at the moment.

mags

« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »

Hi Maryjane,  it's Mags here,  yes I am ok thanks, due to the increased sertraline  finally working.  I don't come on here as often now, because I have been busy and catching up with  my artwork( selling my designs to card publishers)  and other things.
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling so good, are you taking anything for your symptoms?  I would recommend the sertraline for anxiety and depression, it does take a while to kick in, but when it does, it is worth it!  My CBT counsellor told me that it is the number one  antidepressant for hormonal  fluctuations, which has been my problem since hitting peri.
Wishing you well, and  please feel free to pm me anytime,  also, thanks for asking after me,
Love Magsxx

Maryjane

« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »

No I am not taking anything but my GP has told me to think about seratoline and CBT so perhaps I ought to seriously think about it before I get to down, positive thinking is not working very well at the moment. I am a self employed wedding florist and I have 60 booked for this year and I honestly don't know if I can cope, the thought of it just fills me with utter panic.

mags

« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »

Hi Maryjane,  just to say that I really feel for you and know how much you must be suffering,  it must be so hard with having your demanding job to deal with.  I would say that if you can, get it sorted straightaway and   maybe try the sertraline , to nip it in the bud.  I had been suffering for years before I found the right treatment, after trying lots of different things, including HRT and natural remedies, none of which worked.  I wish I had known about sertraline then.
Hoping that you will find relief soon, and thinking of you,
Love Magsxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »

I have to nip anxiety in the bud because I am unable to function once anxiety hits   :'( - if you have medication what have you to lose, although some has side-effects ……..

bev567901

« Reply #530 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:30 PM »

MaryJane, I can second what Mags says about Sertraline. It has helped me a lot. I still think I need HRT though & hope to get it but think sertraline may have saved my life not to be too dramatic. I think it is called Lustral & Zoloft as well. I take Lustral. It took 6 weeks to notice a big difference & some of the side effects where very hard but I do credit it with helping me. Of course I don't think I would have needed it if I had been dealt with properly to start with but that is in the past now. I think some ladies take it for just a short time each month for PMT/PMS so as Mags says it does have hormonal help too. B x

Suzyq

« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2014, 08:32:08 PM »

Mags and bev - so happy to read that you're both doing well now!

bev567901

« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2014, 09:22:30 PM »

Thanks Suzyq. How are you doing? B x

Suzyq

« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »

Up and down would be an accurate description! I read a book called 'waving not drowning' - last couple of weeks have felt like I'm drowning not waving but hopefully better times ahead - you and mags have had some terrible times, but things seem a little better now so that gives me hope x

bev567901

« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »

Its a rollercoaster this peri lark isn't it. There will be better times ahead & I think when you can believe that it does help. Keeping a journal helped me such a lot. I still have a huge way to go to get the old me back though. I think it might be two steps forward three steps back at times but I am sure you can get there.
I am currently trying to find out what would be the best HRT to ask for when I see my GP (if I get it!) but I cannot make any sense out of my searches.
Keep waving, I am sure you will. B x 

Suzyq

« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »

Good luck with your search for hrt. I'm sure your gp will have their own idea on what may work for you. When are you seeing your gp?

mags

« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »

Thanks suzyq,  well I shouldn't have opened my big mouth and said I was better, because Yest I started feeling really anxious again,  I haven't been sleeping well due to restless legs, and I think that it has all caught up with me. oh no!  I am seeing my CBT counsellor this aft, so will see what she thinks, life is never straightforward is it!
I am sorry to hear that you are still feeling up and down, I hope that things improve for you, Love Magsxx

JJ

« Reply #537 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

Glad your feeling better mags. I'm having bad nights at mo, keep waking up with the hot flushes, I think lack of sleep effects how we feel a lot. The odd sleepless night is ok but when they happen regularly it's awful x

mags

« Reply #538 on: February 19, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »

Hi JJ, sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping, I am not sleeping well at the moment due to restless legs also, and  jerking awake  everytime I start to doze off.  It has all caught up with me because I am feeling anxious and panicky again,  I didn't sleep at all last week, but was feeling high on adrenaline, and did too much I think.  My therapist said that I am worrying about not sleeping and aIl  that is fuelling the anxiety..I am so scared of everything going wrong again, and that is making me anxious, I can't win really! 
Hoping you start to improve soon, Love Magsxxxx

Suzyq

« Reply #539 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »

Mags I agree, the fear of being ill again, is probably the last thing to go. However as you gradually start to feel better for longer and longer, you will naturally relax about it all. Just try to focus on how much better you feel! As you said recently you have been off doing other things, not posting on here - you are getting your life back and it will keep getting better with time ...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38