Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: When to take HRT in day?  (Read 3685 times)

Alison M London

When to take HRT in day?
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

I'm new to HRT and its only two weeks.  I'm on Elleste Duet 1mg and got off to a shaky start but now had a first 'goodish day' today. This may be a silly question but I took it early this morning (have been doing this from the start). Felt really good until a couple of hours ago and the nausea and depression/anxiety/physical symptoms have returned with a vengeance.  Suddenly feeling a bit desperate again and I'd just appreciate any advice on when's the best time to take tablets given everyone's experience? Was looking forward to perhaps getting some consistent sleep for at least a couple of hours tonight after nightmare sweat-fest last night.

Mags 7101

Re: When to take HRT in day?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:58:17 PM »

Hi Alison I have just started ellleste been on it for a week I take it at about 7pm and have been feeling great

KatieLiz

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:29 PM »

I have been taking HRT for about 2 years now and I remember reading on this site about some women feeling a bit nauseous starting HRT.  I decided to start HRT in the evening just in case and have always taken it in the evening.  I think this does help if you have sleep problems.  Also I started on 1mg and after about 6 months I had to up the dose to 2mg.

My belief is that when you first start taking HRT, its like your body is craving the hormones and just wants more until things settle.  I have gone back to 1mg now just to see how I feel but with peri menopause your hormone levels are changing all the time and you just need to monitor how you feel and make adjustments accordingly.

Alison M London

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »

Hi,
Thanks for the advice.  I think I will try evenings as well and see how it goes. :)