Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Heacaches  (Read 4050 times)

sweettooth

Heacaches
« on: October 19, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »

Hi all, I dont post much on this subject these days as i feel there is no one that can help me but i have been tormented this past few weeks with headaches back EVERY day again, i did get a reasonably good spell for quite a while after years of symptoms and thought i was coming out the other side but then they came back.  It seems to be the balance of estrogen that is the problem and they seem to coincide with heat over face and neck plus my moods are affected too. 

It would appear that i get two different types - one caused by fluctuations/low estrogen and the other by too high estrogen. 

I have had my ovaries removed 3yrs ago so why on earth are my levels still fluctuating daily?! (im 52)  I would love if someone that has had a similar experience could give me some hope. tks ST x 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heacaches
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:52:03 AM »

Headaches can be caused by dehydration; trapped nerves in the neck; eye problems; hormones; low blood sugar; alcohol; continual use of pain relief tablets ........... I HATE them  >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »

How do you take your oestrogen sweettooth?
Tablets give daily fluctuations and a daily spike (high and low) and are apparently not recommended by headache/migraine sufferes for this reason/. I would imagine gel does too to some extent as it is applied daily, and can be more variable as it is more dependent on the user to apply the correct dose. I think patches provide the most consistent dose - which may not be high enough for you?

Hurdity x

sweettooth

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:26:36 PM »

Thank you for replies Clkd and Hurdity i am on patches and yesterday i was due a change so i put on a 50 plus another quarter as 75 does not agree with me anymore, well i began to get the headache, felt tense and bit tearful! i removed the extra bit and felt much better so i now have a 50 patch on.  I have not had a headache today and feel ok.

I shall stick with the 50 this time and see if it settles. 

Perhaps i tend to change things too quickly?!

ST x

donnarob

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »

I have been getting weird headaches, not really painful but a sort of pressure feeling right on the top of my head.  Usually, I feel congested and sinusy at the same time but I'm sure it's due to diminishing hormones.  I blame everything on hormones these days.  I have been without a period now since July 2012 and am 54 years old. 

Donnarob

sweettooth

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:15:09 PM »

i think you are right donna its hormone related and our bodies way of giving out at the lack of hormones or fluctuating ones! i am just trying to enjoy the days i dont have headaches and taking the pain meds when needed. x

lel123

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »

I am the opposite. I always had bad headaches at least 4 or 5 a week and was always popping pills, they were especially worse the week after my period, but I have not had a period since Feb 2012, I am 49 and I hardly every get headaches now, if I do I think it is from having very bad neck and shoulders (another story and one that I blame on hormones again!) I think not taking HRT is best for me as if I did take it I would probably get the headaches back.
Good luck with managing your headaches, having one is so horrid and people that don't suffer from them really are so very lucky, as am I now!
All the best  :)

sweettooth

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 12:37:01 AM »

lel, thats great news that you dont get them nowadays! Mine actually were more frequent when i stopped hrt.  I am having a good spell at the moment thankfully and hopefully there will come a day when i am like you :) x

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »

Have you had your eyes tested? I had constant headaches for a few weeks, which started only a short time after an eye test. The headaches symptoms didn't seem to tie in with eye strain, so both the doctor and I dismissed this as a cause. I took a lot of pain killers, following the doctor's advice, to no avail. Then in desperation had my eyes tested again. Lo and behold there had been a significant change for some reason. New glasses (expensive ) and problem solved.