Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Has anyone ever been to proff studd, dr panay or dr gluck?  (Read 9214 times)

Tingly

Has anyone ever been to proff studd, dr panay or dr gluck?
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »

I keepseeing these names in the press and wondered what they r like in real life?

honeybun

Re: Has anyone ever been to proff studd, dr panay or dr gluck?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »

We have had a couple of member's who have seen Professor Studd.

I don't know if they are still around but hopefully someone will be along to tell you about them.

Honeyb
X

sweettooth

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »

Tingly i have approx 6yrs ago, i never really benefited that much as i am quite a complicated being when it comes to hormones.  I am extremely sensitive and would probably need a constant drip to balance my estrogen!  Are you having trouble? x

Tingly

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »

Fraid so sweettooth
Its with va which i am taking vagifem for ...just at the end of week 5 now
The doc took me off the normal hrt cos i think the progesterone was irritating my bladder . So i was just wondering if any of these  3'knew anything better...proff studd says we should be on hrt and not to be frightened...but a dr love (american) says its dangerous

Am49, started hrt at 43 and am currently looking after my mum who is seriously ill.

I just had a bone density and am borderline, (tried upping my calcium levels and got constipated and set my gallstones off)
got thenight sweats, (which i could put up with if i knew it would all be okay in the end)  and va all day-(which nobody can say would be helped by systemic oestrogen or not)

-- if i was a dog id be put down--- i wish now id drank , smoked, had loads of sex more and enjoyed myself

There just doesnt seem to be anything left anymore..by the time my lovely mums no longer with me, i will be ready for the knackers yard
Ting
 X
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:27:00 AM by Tingly »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »

Oh Tingly - you sound so low.
I composed a long reply to you which didn't upload - very frustrating.
Anyway, I wanted to empathise - been though the 'caring for loved one' thing and know how depressing it can be.
Because of the scares re: HRt I took myself off HRT at 49 and went through hell during a very stressful time in my life and now feel resentful that I didn't get better advice at the time.
At 49 you are too young to be without oestrogen.
If I were you I'd go back on HRT and continue with Vagifem as well. On my post 'The Burning Club' many women seem to take both or increase the Vagifem usage. Try a different HRT regime - something like Studd's combo perhaps? Hurdity is the expert on this so look at her threads.
Take care of yourself. keep posting on MM - we're with you.
DG x

Tingly

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 05:25:45 PM »

Thanks DG , that means a lot

Luv
Tingly
Xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »

Hi Tingly

Sorry to hear you're still struggling...

Haven't been around for a few days - had a bug and busy working too.
I haven't been to a private consultant as haven't needed to (also live out in the sticks in SW England) but I think someone asked this similar question elsewhere recently.

I haven't heard of Gluck but from what I've heard and read I would go to Nick Panay any time. Studd  pioneered a lot of the research into HRT (along with Panay), and both have pubpished lots of sicentific papers on the subject. However Studd is very very expensive I hear (which I fundamentally disagree with), and some complain he is a bit too rigid in his prescriptions - ie if his regime doesn't suit you, then it can be problematic I understand. I gather his bedside manner may leave something to be desired.

I only know of one woman who has seen Panay - maybe she will comment - but he is still researching and I think is Chairman of the Brisith Menopause Soc or was until recently.

Both of these will probably suggest oestrogel and Utrogestan - Studd often uses norethisterone instead, for a shorter time. Panay I think also uses one or two alternative remedies that have been researched but not licensed.

Ignore the American - Americas is the litigation nation. I have posted the link to the up to date reoprt from BMS and Womens' Health concern. This will tell you all you need to know re safety with links to other papers. I am sure it's on this site (the main one) somewhere. I will check....

There is light at the end of the tunnel and you are so young not to be on HRT. I'm sure I said before I didn;t start until I was almost 54. Your years of risk don't even start for another couple of years so all you need to do is find the right combo and you can still drink and enjoy lots of sex ( well maybe just some!!)

Hurdity x

sweettooth

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »

Tingly,

sorry to hear of your suffering but once you are on the right hrt regime i am sure you will feel much better and can enjoy the things you have been missing out on ;)

If synthetic progesterone doesnt agree with you, you could perhaps try the Mirena coil along with bioidentical estrogen.
 Perhaps your nearest meno clinic would be worth a try before going to private clinics.  I went to Studd and yes he has an 'one fits all' regime, i only went the once.  From what i have read elsewhere Nick P is very good in follow ups and getting you sorted.

This can be a long route at times but i am sure you will get to feel much better than you do now :) I wish you well. ST x

Tingly

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »

Thanks sweettoth

Hope ur right, that its just a matter of getting on the right regime

Glas u told me about doc Studd as had been looking him up

Are u on oral hrt?
Tingly x

sweettooth

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »

I am on patch Tingly but my body is still changing and i am trying to adjust at present to a slightly lower dose.  I am a bit more complicated than most - extremely sensitive to any change or fluctuation. x

Tingly

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »

Thanks sweettooth

Good luck with ur lower dose
Am gonna see gp on wed and see if theyll put me back on for a bit...i fancy the oestrogel with reduced prog 100 mg for 7 days

Va not gone with vagifem, bad result on bone scan and sweating like i dont know what . 49 years of age, so i reckon ill risk a few more years in the hope all this stuff will settle

When i was on 12 days prog at 200mg i was truly evil...and docthink the prog might have irritated bladder

Thanks for ur reply...much appreciated

Luv ting

sweettooth

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 10:22:48 PM »

Tingly the gels are good too.  Have you tried a vaginal moisturiser like replens in the meantime?  You may need to use estrogen vaginally and transdermal x

Tingly

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »

Cheers stellajane hope she turns up
Sweetooth-. Have just tried hyalofemme which seems quite good
Used the vagifem in lower third last night so have to see how i get on
The thingnthat worries me is if i cantncope with coming off hrt now, how will i be in a few years time,

Luv ting
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

Tingly - i know what you mean about coming off HRT.  When I came off at 49 it was dreadful and for 3 years i kept thinking and hoping it would get better  ( I feel I lost 3 years of my life).
The relief of going back on HRT was enormous - I was going though a particularly stressful time and the HRT really helped me to, at least, sleep.
I am now reducing my HRT to have a break (I'm 57 now) - thankfully fate has given me a brief window from the stress issues in my life so this is a good time to try. Started the Vagifem and hope this is going to help  VA and burning.
If I was you I wouldn't worry about the withdrawal from HRT just focus on HRT giving you the strength to cope with things right now. Take everything one day at a time.

Take care  DG xxx

angelindskiexx

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »

I went to see Dr Gluck several years ago-  Waste of time and she charges the earth --  This is my experience though.

Feel better soon - x
Pages: [1] 2