Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and spotty legs  (Read 4145 times)

Meeka

Oestrogel and spotty legs
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Ive been using oestrogel for about 11 months and ive been experiencing spotty legs where I applied the gel.....wonder if anyone else has experienced these?

They are like little pink spots , like white heads. It's in the area where I apply the oestrogel so ive started applying it in a different area but I still have the spots at present.  Never had spots in this area before the oestrogel >:(

Cassie

Re: Oestrogel and spotty legs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »

Sounds like an allergy, maybe to the alcohol? I have been applying it for ever and a day and have extremely sensitive skin and have never had any probs, shame hope you get sorted.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »

I used oestrogel for years before patches & didn't experience problems. Has your brand changed recently maybe?

Meeka

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:14:26 PM »

Thanks for the replies.....its not really like an allergy, no inflammation or itchiness.

Its like tiny white heads, if I squeeze them then a little white bit pop outs-sorry that sounds gross...

I used to have a private prescription for HRT from the gynaecologist  but it cost around £80 for the oestrogel and the utrogestan.   My GP then said he could supply the prescription for me (I have free NHS prescriptions as I take thyroxine).  I am wondering if its the NHS version of the oestrogel that's different in some way??  It was definitely a different make, this one from the NHS has the name Besins-International S.A. , has Greek writing on the bottle.   I'm due to see my Gyno in a couple of weeks so will see what he thinks.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »

I would have thought private & NHS doctors could prescribe similar HRT. The only thing is NHS doctors pretty much stick to cheapest forms of medicines. One I got on NHS was French.

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »

The gel comes in diff names from Femigel to Oestrogel and one other name but they should all have the same active ingredients. Not maybe a reaction to shaving, my daughter gets nasty little sores similar to yours on her legs, it def does not sound like the gel could be causing it.

Meeka

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »

Sounds like it just me then......I can't think of anything it could be but the oestrogel....I don't shave the top of my legs where the spots are.

I'll see what the gyno says and let you know......