Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cash offer for our house after 5 days for sale!  (Read 7126 times)

countrybumpkin

Cash offer for our house after 5 days for sale!
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »

I'm stunned we only put house for sale 5 days ago and today had second viewers who an hour later offered price and they are cash buyers who are in rented accomodation.   :o :o
Thankfully we have seen house we want but blimey it all a bit fast. 
We don't really want to move ::) but we no longer need a huge house so it is sensible but will miss our neighbours and fantastic views we have plus loads of space of course! 
We only moved here 4 years ago when my mother in law lived with us ( she is now in a home) hence the very big house and last time we moved we did it in 7 weeks from offer to completion.
I have totally wiped the stress and trauma from my brain but heyho off we go again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cash offer for our house after 5 days for sale!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »

I read that as 'call off'  ::)

New house by Christmas then  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »

Congratulations that's great news in today's climate.

We did it three years ago and we drastically down sized. The only advice I can give if you are moving somewhere smaller is be ruthless with "stuff" that you don't need. We ended up with a garage full and had to clear so much out.

Have fun.....you know it will be good in the end....well when you have forgotten the trauma again  ;D

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 09:37:47 PM »

That's great! Son sold his place in a week up here. Right place, right time. Obviously meant to be.
Do you have an idea where you want to move to?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »

We have already seen the house we want and know slightly the people who own it.  They are now in a spin finding where they want to go ;D  They have a house in mind and the owner can move as soon as she sells so hopefully no one will end up in a tent :o

We drastically downsized on our last move to here but are now downsizing again!  I am a clutter free freak, hate clutter and mess so that makes life easier although we obviously can't take all our furniture with us so hoping our buyers would like some of it as its all less than  4 years old and some bought in last few months.  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »

My friend put her house on the market recently. It went on on a Monday and was sold the next day!  It was beautiful and in a lovely spot but even she was surprised.