Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cleaning toilets  (Read 12953 times)

Rowan

Re: Cleaning toilets
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »

Worst toilet I have ever been in was in Turin Italy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »

Oh: those French stand over the pit ones  :-X

ellie

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 01:25:21 PM »

The most amazing toilet I have ever been too was on a Catermeran sailing to Mustique......I went down a small spiral staircase into the tiny toilet, and As I sat their looking through the porthole, I realised it was under water  :)......a Turtle was staring straight at me  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »

Good job you did not try to open the window.   ;D

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

Even worse the ones in planes, so noisy and you feel so vulnerable.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 05:41:12 PM »

Soap and water is better Penny (if available) - the antiseptic hand washes don't fight bugs such as C.Dif and the noro virus which you find lurking in toilets..
CLKD - if you go to gigs like I do where the age restriction is over 18 and visit the toilets you will appreciate that a lot of the parents who should be "clearing up" after their kids are actually the ones doing it!

We had a visit from the local authority hygiene team at our school and they were trying to spread the word that handwashes and sprays are not as effective as soaps. Also, the antibacterial soaps used by everyone nowadays have meant the germs are getting immune to them. Warm water and soap for washing hands front and back and up over the wrist area. It was quite an eye opener.

Taz

I use soap and water at home but most public toilets have slimy bars of soap or empty liquid soap containers.  What good is that?  I also hate scummy sinks and discarded paper towels littering the area.

I'll stick to my antibacterial hand gel  in public toilets thanks! ;)

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:55 PM »

Yes me too. I was always under the illusion that bars of soap carried many germs. I guess liquid soap is best. I am one of the ones who try not to touch anything. I go in armed with a tissue so I can touch things. I have been known to flush using my foot. Elbows are good too.  ::)

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 06:19:34 PM »

I never even think of any of that - I guess we are all different! I tend to not touch my eyes though even if they really itch and it drives me mad when my husband rubs his eyes when we are out!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 06:37:57 PM »

Unless I saw evidence under a microscope I would wonder who had funded the Research!  It is far better to use a clean hand gel than touch where others have 'been'.  Apparently the toilet seat is cleaner than our keyboards  :o  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »

Quite possibly CLKD. My DD's partner is a molecular biologist. He did a test on a mobile phone once. The number of bugs on it were phenomenal. We need bugs. A handful of dirt a day as my gran used to say.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »

So did ours, so I could never understand why they cleaned out the babes mouths when they were scrabbling in the sand or garden  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 07:12:27 PM »

;D ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »

The prettiest Hotel bathroom is upstairs in The George, Stamford - worth going for a coffee in order to look at the decor  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]