Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exhaustion  (Read 8293 times)

spider

Exhaustion
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »

Please tell me this tiredness and brain fog will lift eventually. I feel as if my life is just passing me by. :'(

Flushes are increasing, night sweats keeping me awake, dry skin, hair,nails not to mention more sensitive areas.

I've now got a spare middle tyre too and having cravings for weird foods?  :- :-\
Anyone experienced similar cravings?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Exhaustion
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:45:32 AM »

HORMONES  >:(

:bighug:

I remember crashing fatigue when having periods, I also remember my Mum sitting down and suddenly dropping to sleep ....... which was scarey. 

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »

Tiredness doing my head in.

As for food cravings. I wish, I crave what I cannot have.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »

Hi spider - are you on HRT and where are you in meno? Depends what the tiredness is due to. I sometimes get brain fog about half-way through the prog part of my HRT and/or for a few days when I stop it - during the "come down", but it goes after a few days when I am back on the oestrogen only.

No cravings - although low blood sugar sometimes so get cravings for carbs... they're not werid though!

Hurdity x

spider

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »

Thanks all for your replies.

Hurdity...I'm 49 and been having symptoms since 2008. Started with heavy periods lasting about 4/5 weeks at a time. GP got me checked out at hospital where camera confirmed all ok and definitely hormones causing problems. Had no period now since early April and since then symptoms gone into overdrive.
Visit to doc today resulted in HRT after a long discussion. He also suggested I try gynest cream for discomfort down below.
Going to give it a try...just can't go on like this.
Oh and by weird cravings I really meant for foods I would never have eaten before eg.salmon  ::)
Spider x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »

Hi spider - good luck with the HRT and hope it makes you feel better soon. What type have you been given?

Hirdity x

dylan

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

the feeling tired after a good nights sleep , thats deff me , its a horrible feeling  ;)

spider

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 08:10:11 PM »

Hurdity....

Prempak C 0.625? Any comments/ support would be most welcome x

spider

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »

Will I get the return of periods with this HRT?  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »

Hi spider

Yes these are cyclical HRT and designed to give a withdrawal bleed every 4 weeks. Usually the no bleed HRT type isn't given until you have had a year without periods as otherwise it can cause irregular bleeding which is annoying.

Hope it does the trick for you and do let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x

Dyan

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »

Hi spider,
I can relate to how you are feeling.
HRT definitely sorted me out.
Good luck with yours x

dulciana

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »

Have you ever tried the Ladycare magnet, Spider?  I've used this for nearly two years and haven't had much in the way of night sweats (in particular) since using it. 
Dulciana

spider

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies  ;D

I've had a terrible day today. Been to doc as I've had awful cystitis symptoms but my urine is clear :-\ the burning pain down below is so painful. Doc, although very kind is adamant it may be due to "being dry and irritated" and has asked me to persevere. :'(

I couldn't even concentrate at work today which is not ideal and I know I'm going to have another sleepless night (haven't had an unbroken nights sleep for about 5years) :'(

When will I get a break? Feeling really fed up  :'(

Rose

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

Spider, I really hope that you find relief on HRT. It's awful when you can't get a good night's sleep. I am up at least twice during the night going to the toilet and I really envy my kids who can sleep for Australia and beyond! Sweating is the most exhausting, so lets hope you will be rid of that, at least. I was talking to someone who said that no matter how long they slept for, never woke up feeling refreshed. Turned out they had sleep apnoea and when they got that sorted, felt so much better. Anyway that's obviously not your problem so I don't know why I mentioned it (getting battier by the minute) but if you still have problems with your vagina/bladder then most ladies on here swear by vagifem. I only wish I could tolerate it. Keep your spirits up, Spider, you are not alone.

Meg

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 12:45:46 AM »

Dear Spider

Sending lots of sympathy if nothing else!  You are not alone.  Being robbed of proper sleep is one of the awful symptoms of menopause, sometimes I wonder what Nature is up to!  Today I too have felt the most awful tiredness I have ever experienced like I was fighting to stay awake and then felt a bit better about 4pm, then of course cant get to sleep at night time!  Other times I have felt so wound up I have cleaned the kitchen at ridiculously late hours.  Hormones are the culprits.  I hope you can find something to help.  Their are some women who feel great on HRT and others who seem to have different experiences.  I met a lady today who was almost due her baby and I thought, gosh I would love to be her and have my body working for me again.

Take care

Meg
Pages: [1] 2