Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Not sure what to do next  (Read 2376 times)

lizzog

Not sure what to do next
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »

As the subject line says, I really don't.
I have Evorel 100 hrt patch for oestrogen and had a mirena fitted 18 months ago to stop heavy periods and for the prog.
I've recently been diagnosed as having reflex syncope (fainting with bp drop) and take midrodine to stabilise my bp. I've also had confirmed what I've long suspected, that I'm hypermobile.
This summer I've gradually noticed my symptoms are getting worse. My left hip aches and burns continuously, I have low back stiffness and aches. I've had horrible reflux and heartburn for a week and feel exhausted. Im sure a lot of this is hormonal and hypermobility in origin.
I've seen my GP today who suggested a 25 increase in hrt patch, and have seen an NHS physio for advice on the hypermobility. They've said I have bursitis in my left hip and have given me exercises to help it stabilise.
My GP is reluctant to take the mirena out as she says this localised progesterone so is very unlikely to be causing the pains.
I've had a hip X-ray and internal ultrasounds, can I do anymore?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Not sure what to do next
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »

Not at present.  Did your GP give you anything for the heartburn?  Hiatus hernia is a 'common' problem at 'our' age ........ reflux can be really really painful.

I find that if I don't eat/drink, nor take medication within the hour before bed I am less likely to get heartburn.  If I forget and take medication once in bed, well, I can feel the symptoms almost at once!  What's your diet like, maybe a hike in when you eat and what you choose to cook?

How often do you need to do the exercises?  The joints can become lax with a drop in oestrogen so any inherent problems may well become more persistent.

:foryou:

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »

Thanks for kind words CLKD.
Yes I've been given opremazole and also my patches have been increased.
I'm doing the exercises morning and night (when I remember  ::) )....
My diets pretty good, I did have some quorn the other day which for some weird reason seems to set it off?! It just seems to have come out of the blue with a batch of other symptoms...
I've got a review in a months time so will see how I feel then.

lynda

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 08:44:36 PM »

Hi. Im no genius but wondering if u know much about something called dysautonomia? The syncope and hypermobility and gut problems could (and it is just could) be symtoms of dysautonomia. There r several types and not much is known about it. I only know cos a daughter has a very rare type - cholinergic dysautonomia - which includes bp problems, hypermobility and gut problems as well as lots of other complex symptoms. May b worth a quick google but dont bother about the cholinergic bit, u dont have that! Good luck anyway. Xx