Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: period pains but not 'on'  (Read 4495 times)

nannydawm

period pains but not 'on'
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:13:49 PM »

Is it normal to have the symptoms of a period (period pains - them low aches in the tummy and sore back) even if you have just had a period or not due one??

My periods are so erratic now, I must be peri menopausal, the last one was a couple of months late and then lasted 17  days!!  I wasn't happy! lol

Meg

Re: period pains but not 'on'
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:28:03 AM »

Dear Nannydawn

I would say it is par for the course with menopause to get the feeling that you are going to get a period but then you never do get the bleeding.  This is described as 'phantom' period and is quite common.  I am nine years since last period and still sometimes experience this and it can be pretty uncomfortable.

Take care Meg

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »

Hi Nannydawn - Sad to say, it does appear to be quite usual  :(

nannydawm

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:06:48 PM »

Oh b@gger!! I don't like this getting old lark!! (I know it's better than the alternative lol) now I am getting a sore hip as well!!

Suppose it's all down hill from here lolololol

Thanks!  ;)

nannydawm

Re: period pains but not 'on'. More........
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »

Well I was off my 17 day mega period just 16 days and its back again!! I can literally feel the blood flowing out of me!! (Sorry!) plus my hip pain is getting worse...

I had blood tests done, thyroid, iton and hormones and when I called for the results was told everything was normal, no furth action required.  ( wanted to know was it defo the start of the meno or what?!  2 years since I had a smear. 

Would you ladies just leave it at that or go back to the doctor? Am I being silly worrying? Thanks.

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »

Go and see your doctor
No harm in asking, to set your mind at rest

dylan

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »

yes i have had this a few times , so it probably , how things go  ;)

nannydawm

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »

thanks Dylan, I'm still bleeding like mad, dunno where it is all coming from ha ha.

I may just make an appointment for the nurse at my doctors surely to talk it thro with her next week and see exactly what the blood results were ( am I defo in the menopause). ::)