Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Considering coming off HRT.  (Read 22633 times)

Eddie

Re: Considering coming off HRT.
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »

When I saw my gynae on Thursday he said that my problem with being on sequi is that my body has changed it's needs! I asked him why could I now not be suited to hrt after 2.5 yrs on it? That was his answer. Eddie. X

honeybun

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »

Sorry if I missed it.

What was the outcome Eddie?

Are you on or off now.

Honeyb
X

Eddie

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »

I'm not coming off just yet, I am going to try femoston conti for a few months to see if it suits me better.
You sound like you are managing to stop?
Eddie. X

Joyce

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »

Glad it's helping your anxiety HB. I know that was your main reason for trying to come off it, so fingers crossed for you.

Sorry it's not so good for you Taz, but you're right, best being honest.

Taz2

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »

It's normally ok for the first few weeks - takes around three months for it to settle down to being back where it was six years ago! Today hasn't been so bad and it is nice not to be so bloated I must admit and, I've noticed, no heartburn or indigestion anymore either. Bonus!  I'm five weeks off it now - prolapse is complaining bitterly  :D

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 12:42:21 PM »

Two weeks off today. The one thing I am noticing is a bit of a return of my IBS which is the last thing I wanted.
Why does it always have to be so hard ALL the time. The rest I can probably cope with when it comes but the IBS just knocks me for six. I can control it with my herbal drops but I hate the uncertainty of not knowing when it's going to strike.

Who would be a woman that's what I want to know. Mother nature did us no favours that's for sure.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

Men ain't got a clue. When I said that hubby turned round & said that men don't escape symptom free! Yeh right. Loss of hair, hair sprouting from ears. Tough eh? Unless of course he meant listening to us moaning.  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »

He probably did  ;D and my hubby would probably agree.

Honeyb
X

Cazikins

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »

I've been off HRT since 11/08/13.
Hot flushes are the worse for me, especially at work.
Being in an office with a 19 year old girl & a 24 year old woman plus a 50 year old man is not easy.
The man doesn't understand at all  ???.
The 24 year old rushes to get me a glass of water  :o & the 19 year old couldn't give a toss.

I hate it but want to give it a bit longer if I can to see if things get any easier.

Joyce

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »

I sympathise. I came off it a few years back. It was horrid. Fortunately I don't work. I would have needed signing off. Flushes, sweats, chills, everything. I was looking after my eldest grandchild at the time. She was going through the terrible 2's and granny was menopausal. Great mix I can tell you! I was wiped out! GP put me back on HRT again after 8 months. It was such a relief. I am trying to gradually reduce my dose over a long period of time. Have to half it in the New Year with a view to coming off it totally. Time will tell though.

Don't be too hard on yourself if it doesn't work for you this time though. What about cool scarves to help you at work? I have 3 which I would rotate. Would a Chillow be possible to use at work?

KingLiz

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »

This is for Honeybun and my first post.  I read your posts about coming off hrt a while back and wondered how you got on.  I have been on less than a year and thinking about it too.  I am 46 but it so not helping my low mood so starting to doubt its use.  Not getting hot sweats but insomnia and anxiety. KL

Hurdity

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »

Hi KingLiz

:welcomemm:

Depends where you are in menopause as to its effectiveness really and what you are taking it for - also the type of HRT can make such a difference. Don't give up yet - why not introduce yourself in the new members section and tell us something about yourself - where you are in menopause etc and perhpas we can help a bit more?  :)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]