Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopause matters forum has brought a change in my life.....  (Read 13084 times)

ladybug50

Menopause matters forum has brought a change in my life.....
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »

Hallo again Ladies.  :)
I haven't been on for a while as I was unwell and feeling a bit fragile. :(
(All meno symptoms)
My confidence took a knock , being perimeno, and I felt I didn't have enough to offer on posts, plus I am single an dont have an OH to moan or talk about.. :o
I was feeling a bit  flat and sorry for myself for a bit.  ::)
So I have been offline.. however, I have run into a number of Ladies in my daily Life.
Who are ALL suffering with one Meno prob or another and had NO-ONE to talk to about it.
I have spent a lot of time pointing the site out to others in need...and it has made me some new friends..  8)
These ladies had a real problem getting answers to  simple questions, even from their various GPs.  :o
I just wonder if any one else has found a new outlet since joining/ finding this forum.
Its been a bloody revelation for me.
And a big  :thankyou: to all of you for all your lovely advice and humour.
Keep it up you never know how your story will help another.. future friend

lily

Re: Menopause matters forum has brought a change in my life.....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »

Hi ladybug50

Nice to know you have some new friends due to all this meno lark!  I think it does get us talking more intimately to others than we previously would have as we need to know how people we see everyday got through this time in their lives.  I'm peri-meno too and also have sometimes felt that I've not got a lot to contribute, but the site is for everyone from peri to meno to post meno so we do also have stuff to talk about.  I had my worst hot flushes so far last week when I missed a period and told 3 people at work as I was feeling like my brain was melting.  Two of them got through without any hrt and seemed to get through it quicker than people I've spoken to who have taken it, so I will try to hold out but if every day got as bad as last week was then it will be a struggle!  I'm having night sweats too and not sleeping very well resulting in being so tired all the time.  One day this will all come to an end and we will be through it - roll on that day!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »

:thankyou:   :hug:

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »

This is a great support network, especially for those of us who have friends that are still living in the bygone ages and refuse to speak about their experiences. Only got one friend who is happy to speak about it. So we have a moan to each other every few weeks when we meet up.  I've had more help from ladies on here than anywhere!