Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Polypectomy Op & worried...  (Read 8270 times)

Hurdity

Re: Polypectomy Op & worried...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »

Hi Cazikins

Thanks.  :) The thing I'm banking on is that I am hoping it isn't a polyp whatever they saw but it's down as possible polypectomy. It's offered as a local so I presume it's OK - but whatever it is it was small 0.8 mm, so I don't know what they do. I imagine it's all soft tissue.  Actually I'm not brave - I'm more of a coward - about GA - as I've never had one so would be more scared of that!! Have had 4 children so the pain can't be anything like that. Given the choice I would avoid one of those (GA) if I could.

As you've definitely been diagnosed with one (polyp) maybe it's a bit larger and would be more of a big deal under local. Glad the bleeding's stopped. It's a drag that we get all these problems when we need the HRT to feel normal and keep us healthy in other ways.

I hope you are able to continue with the HRT eventually - it's the uncertainty that's a worry isn't it?

Hurdity x

louisy

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »

Hi Cazikins and Hurdity, I recently had a hysteroscopy under LA and they found and removed a polyp at the same time. I hardly noticed her doing it as once the anaesthesia had kicked in you don't feel anything.  Actually the smear test she did first was far more painful.  Anyway it was all over v quickly.  Good luck to both of you - often the thought of v these things is often worse than the procedures themselves  ;)

Cazikins

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »

My polyp is 0.5mm Hurdity....Yours is bigger then mine, & you are having a LA.

However you have had 4 children, & I have never even been pregnant, it's OK, it is was my choice, but it does make you wonder..... Is that why they offered me a GA & you a LA???

I was showed a picture of my polyp, it looked all red, & like e stick of rhubarb uggh.

Thanks mummajo, it is so good to hear that it is not allways too painful...xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »

Some surgeons prefer to have a patient deeply under so that they can take their time ............ they can chat about what is happening without the patient being worried about all the technical terms being used  ;)

Cazikins

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »

Hi Hurdity - have you had your hysteroscopy done & did they confirm a polyp (sorry if I've missed it elsewhere).

I have my op next Weds.

I had a whole month of bleeding when I went on Femoston - it only stopped when I stopped taking them (I couldn't cope with it anymore).... So I am now in the throws of hot flushes etc.
I will see what happens after my op, maybe the bleeding was because of the polyp.
I don't like feeling like this though, it is a pain in the wotsit.
Cazi xx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 10:25:43 PM »

Hi Cazikins - thanks for asking yes I did update a thread but no worries. Had it done last week. It was quite quick but a little painful though but breathed through it and it was finished. Didn't have LA in the end as gynae said many women find this (ie the injection) more painful than the procedure. They just did the hysteroscopy and biopsy and woopee the thing wasn't a polyp. He thinks it's a small fibroid which he said not to worry about. Forgot to ask if the biopsy was of the circular thing or just the lining. Anyway will hear in a few weeks but he said the lining looked normal so I'm not worried. I have an ectropion (used to be called cervical erosion) which he suggested I could get treated or leave so I am leaving it. This he thinks was the cause of the bleeding.

Sorry to hear about the flushes returning - I really feel for you as I know I couldn't cope with these again and function normally. Hopefully after you've had the procedure and you've found out what caused the bleeding, you will be able to re-start HRT and feel human again! Fingers crossed!

Will be thinking of you next week and all the best with your op. Let us know how it went when you have recovered!

Hurdity x

Cazikins

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »

Thanks Hurdity.

I'm so glad yours went well - you are brave having it done with no anaesthetic at all. I would have been screaming like a banshee if it was me  ::)

I've been 2 weeks without HRT & it has been a rollercoaster of emotions etc. Still I'm taking one day at a time.

Cazi x
Pages: 1 [2]