Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: help  (Read 3985 times)

LindaMiles

help
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

Hi Ladies
Can anyone help? I am taking vagifem for a month almost, and was prescribed to take a 2x10mcg for 14 days then did 1x10mcg for 7 days and now reduced it to 3x10mcg per week but the irritation and soreness is coming back and having issues with peeing one minute I'm okay and then I am bursting to go also I feel that I have not emptied my bladder properly.

I am lucky, not experiencing many hot flushes, I do get the occasional night sweat and having a few sleepless nights nothing too bad, its just the dryness I really really don't want to return.  I have an appointment with my GP to see how things have gone do any of you ladies out there think I am getting enough?  I would appreciate your help please as still very new to this  :-\

Tingly

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »

Not sure, but in my case they upped my oral dose of oestro as well.
Am sure one of the ladies on here will be able to help you out in a bit.
Take care
Tingly

LindaMiles

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

Thanks Tingly  :). Was thinking about upping it to 2x10mcg 3 times a week or maybe 4 times but will talk with my GP tomorrow as need to know if using Replens as well is okay.

:)

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »

untill last year Vagifem had one dose 25m you did 14 days every day
Then 2x 7 of 25m last year they lowered the dose to 10m after at least 10 year on sale of 25m
To take 10m x 2  is  not enough for so many ladies so taking 1x10 may as well not bother will be doing sod all
Id do 3x10 at least  for a week then go to GP and say for a start off on the new box it says 2x7 not 1
Are you alos on HRT if you are that might be why but Id say he/shes not read the bloody box

Pauline

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »

Yes I can totally identify with this. I am still very physically active but the wobbly tum just won't shift. On the subject of fat did anyone see the programme "The men who made us thin". Very thought provoking.

Also, on a diff subject, I have noticed that the hair under my armpits has totally vanished - smooth as a baby's proverbial. I have done nothing to get rid of it.

Pauline

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »

Whoops. Think I must have had a senior moment. Meant this reply to be a response to belly fat. Have no experience of vagifem - sorry.

LindaMiles

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »

8)