Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Goodbye normality  (Read 2715 times)

Anna

Goodbye normality
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »

Good Morning

This really isn't a fun journey!  Aside from the anxiety and tearful episodes which have crept up on me slowly but surely the thing which causes me most stress at the moment is the loss of normal, regular no hassle periods.  Those days have gone....
I've just had my first missed one although had a few months of around 40 day gaps, plenty shorter than 28 days and the duration of them has extended by a few days and I quite enjoyed the gap.  I knew I had ovulated so it wasn't a surprise when this one started but I really dislike the change.  Now on day 5 and no sign of stopping.  It's not heavy but this slow down then start up again pattern is not pleasant.  I'm having trouble reassuring myself that this is all normal so feeling anxious.
Mornings are always worse as I don't tend to lose blood through the night.
Due to this one being late the next one, if normal is due right in the middle of a dream holiday so I've made appointment with doc to hopefully get something to delay it.

Ok moan over, better smile and head off to work.

Anna x

Taz2

Re: Goodbye normality
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »

It is difficult when changes first begin to happen and although it seems unlikely at the minute you will get used to it. Hopefully your doc will give you something to delay your period - although it might not arrive anyway. Such a difficult time for planning anything.

Taz

Tingly

Re: Goodbye normality
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »

It is indeed a bizarre time
All i would say is look after yourself as well as you can,eat well, rest and be kind and forgiving to yourself, as Taz says, oddly enough you do get used o it!
Xxx