Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Not sure how this works, need to understand better  (Read 3356 times)

cookyfemale

Not sure how this works, need to understand better
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »

Hi Ladies, I need your expertise.... This months period is late i'm now up to 35 days in the cycle and nothing is there, does this mean i'm going to get a period in the next week or so, or does it mean i'll get a period maybe, when it would be normally due later on?  Sorry to sound confusing, but hey, this is confusing me...lol

Tracy x

Suzi Q

Re: Not sure how this works, need to understand better
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »

How Old are you?
Are you in pre menopause?
Could you be preggers
Sorry need more ino than missed a few days oyu dont say why oyur worried xxxxx

cookyfemale

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »

Sorry... brain hadn't engaged when I wrote it....
I'm 47 been in peri-menopause for roughly 5 years, i think .... had blood test 2010 to say i was in peri...I've been writing the length of my cycle down since that time and the most its been was 33 days and thats only happened once...There could be a chance I'm pregnant, but it would be very small..

Tracy x

cookyfemale

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »

Not worried just confused... is that what happens in peri-meno .... and will i be forever on tentahooks every time im very late and wondering if im gonna start and not know when...?

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 06:44:23 AM »

Hi cookyfemale. This is really common in peri menopause especially as you get closer to menopause and your periods finishing - which may still be some years down the line! You may not have a period for some time or you might it starts soon. Mine went from around every 29 days to 50 days the first time and then I had a couple which were only two weeks apart before going three months without one. The longest time was nine months between periods before them becoming regular again. It's caused by the fluctuations in hormones so if you don't produce enough of either progesterone or oestrogen during the month then sometimes there's not enough hormone to start a period and sometimes there's not enough lining built up to actually shed.  It's a pain but you do get used to it. This is from a Canadian site and is a few years old now but it does seem to give an idea of what is happening during peri http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/ask/onset_of_perimenopause

Don't you find that it's a most strange thing no longer knowing the body you have got used to over the past 47 years? I did!

Taz x

cookyfemale

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »

Hi Taz, thanks for answering my post, ....

I think what you said in the last sentence is so right, you do get use to your body and know it so well, periods always on time, etc,.. then wham! the peri-meno hits you and things go weird and you certainly don't have any control over it (not that you did in the first place), but you knew what to expect...

now i just hate everything about it, but suffer it, as you do, cos you know you have to go through it to get to the other side...

Tracy x

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 06:51:16 AM »

Make sure your still taking precautions