Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I mad??  (Read 5330 times)

wombat62

Re: Am I mad??
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:11 PM »

I think everyone gets less tolerant to noise as they get older. Screaming babies, noisy toddlers and teens talking at 100 decibles on planes has been my experience recently. However, my Dad is very intolerant to noisy kids in public places these days and.....doesn't hold back in telling them!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »

I bumped my original thread on this, written when the houses were being built opposite - the 4 builders had 3 different radios on in their vans, but were working inside .......... then they would shout above the noise of the music ...... Environment sorted that one!

JeanneA

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »

I totally agree, I feel as we get older we are less tolerant to noise, myself included.  For over a year now there has been builders on and off at a house opposite to where I live making lots of noise and having a radio on loud whilst working outside and also working some night till very late indeed.  It really has got me down.  :(

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »

If the builders are working late then have a word with your local Planning Dept., commercial companies are limited to certain hours and should be finished each day by 4.30.

It is the inconsideration that gets to me; if they had asked whether I minded the radios beingon then I would have explained how I felt about it all     >:(  :cuss:

JeanneA

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »

Hi, unfortunately these are not employed builders, they are friends of the people that will eventually be moving in otherwise I would have complained by now, so that's nothing I can do about it.  :(  Some people have no thought whatsoever of anyone else's feelings, especially when they don't care about working very late at night and working all over a weekend with the radio blaring out.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »

Our builder used to work here into the evenings but there were never any radios on.  If he were doing 'professional ' work then he stuck to work hours.  Have a word with your Planning Office anyway!

IN answer to the question: No you are not mad  ..........   ;)

well: all the World is mad except you and me; and even you are a little bit   :whist:
Pages: 1 [2]